One day over spring break while browsing through Guitar Center, I happened to spy under the glass of the used counter a Vox Satchurator. Now after hearing some mixed reviews about this pedal, remember it was still pretty new at this point, I decided to try it out. I played it through a Blues Jr. and it sounded heavenly. The lead tone was amazing. I glanced at the price, a hundred bucks. Not bad I thought so I bought it on the spot.

Now due to being a rhythm guitarist mostly I grew sick of this pedal. Yeah it gave great lead tones a la Satch, but they rhythm tone was wayy too mushy on all settings. So I decided to see what I could get for it in a trade. After some lowball offers, it came down to a Heavy Electronics Red Eye OD pedal, and a vintage Maxon OD808. I figured, hey most people who buy TS9's love them and mod them to 808 specs, why not go with the 808?!? The fact that it was vintage was whipped cream on the pudding.

Now I loved this pedal dearly, it was a great boost pedal, and provided a nice dirty blues tone on the clean channel. But after acquiring a Danelectro Transparent OD it became apparent just how much my tone was being colored via the midhump. Now I grew to love the uncolored boosted tone of my amp so the OD808 was used less and less. So one day a few weeks ago while browsing the ol' craigslist I came across pedal I was interested in. I sent the seller an email stating what I had to offer in a trade, not much to my surprise he wanted my green muff. Well, there was no way I was letting that baby go, so after making my point clear that I wouldn't trade that pedal, to my surprise he said he would take the Maxon straight up in a trade. I decided to jump on the deal, however he was going out of town on a business trip so the deal could not be consummated until today.

Now I was going to go ahead and post some pictures of the pedal and make y'all guess what it was, but it seems my sister decided to go bar hopping tonight so no camera for now. So instead in keeping with the theme of my posts in the pedalboard thread, I shall instead post hints and clipz and make you guess what it is instead.

Hint 1
Quote by lbj273
so I got meself a new pedal today, its pink, any guesses as to what it could be? I won't be posting a NPD until after I get off work at 9.

Hint 2
Quote by lbj273
hmmm the pickle vibe is indeed purple, my pedal is pink and in some spots it is silver

Hint 3
clipzz upcoming, recording them now
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I shall post the next clip in 5 minutes
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Lovepedal Purple Plexi?

I have absolutely no idea.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Just say what it is, no one finds these games fun anyway.

HNPDFWTHTI
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I'll say what it is when I get a decent pic, until then guessing it is. When I do that I'll post some clips that are more clear as to what the pedal can do.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

lets just say its alot older than all of the current guesses
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273
lets just say its alot older than all of the current guesses

Wanna give us a time period and country of origin?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
dammit this is stupid. everyone hates these retarded games. just tell us for god's sake so we can say hpnd, and then move on with our day.
ok look.... happy NPD..... we're all happy for you... now tell us what the hell it is....
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Well, it's not a tuner. That's for sure.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I'm tired of this guessing bullshit, just tell us already and make this thread somewhat enjoyable.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
It's an Electric Mistress. But I can't tell if there's some kind of delay on it, or if that's something else.
meh
Quote by PussyPunk182
Well, it's not a tuner. That's for sure.

Seriously, just tell us and put up some pics! Guessing games aren't fun.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
first thought at an old pink and silver pedal would be an old ibanez ad-9, but i didnt hear any delay on those clips. i dunno, maybe an old boss bf-2? kinda pinkish...
Quote by jof1029
first thought at an old pink and silver pedal would be an old ibanez ad-9, but i didnt hear any delay on those clips. i dunno, maybe an old boss bf-2? kinda pinkish...

Should have gone with your first thought

Vintage Ibanez AD9 from 1983

When I said it was pink and silver I meant to imply that it was old and beat up, kinda forgot about the silver on the stomp switch.

As for those clips, the first one was just the drive channel of my amp, a subtle univibe from my mm4, and a 300ms delay. The second clip was the jet flanger setting on the mm4, a Dano TOD, and again the 300ms of delay.

I apologize to all of you that do not like the guessing games, I wanted to post a normal NPD but didnt have a camera and did not want to be either a) the guy that posts his NPD without any pics and all the responses are PiCsZZ PleAhZ! or b) just wait the 12 hours until I had a camera to use.

I will record some new clips that show what it sounds like better and get those up shortly.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273

Quote by ze monsta
Pickle Vibe
AD9
MG Echo
Source Audio Soundbox Phaser
Viva Analog Range Mistress
Boss BF
Behringer Ultra Distortion
Effectrode Vibra Chorus

hmmm the pickle vibe is indeed purple, my pedal is pink and in some spots it is silver

I said AD9 yesterday! ¬ ____¬

On your first guessing clip your guitar sounds outta tune...
Just a little.
Like the D and A and E.
Maybe its just your FX...
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
prolly the guitar, the one thing I haven't replaced yet on it is the tuners, still the stock crappy Squier ones

EDIT: more clipz http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/lbj273/music/playlist/
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Last edited by lbj273 at Dec 5, 2009,
I hate threads like this. No one wants to play stupid little games. Share what you purchased or don't share at all.

Sorry to be harsh, but it's like people are starved for attention.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by lbj273
I apologize to all of you that do not like the guessing games, I wanted to post a normal NPD but didnt have a camera and did not want to be either a) the guy that posts his NPD without any pics and all the responses are PiCsZZ PleAhZ! or b) just wait the 12 hours until I had a camera to use.

It's cool.

And congrats!
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by SimplyBen
Glad I 'd
Awesome pedal dude, how much she set you back?
HNPD

Cost me a vintage Maxon OD808, which I got in trade for a Vox Satchurator, which I bought for $100. Not bad considering theres one for sale at my local shop for $225.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by soul.power
I hate threads like this. No one wants to play stupid little games. Share what you purchased or don't share at all.

Sorry to be harsh, but it's like people are starved for attention.

Stop complaining, quest New Gear Days and guessing New Gear Days rule

HNPD to TS
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Stop complaining, quest New Gear Days and guessing New Gear Days rule

HNPD to TS

+1

I personally like these types of threads better...its better than here is a picture of my new pedal..........

TS: HNPD!