Page 1 of 2
I'm from a small rural town in northwestern Pennsylvania and I think i've just about had enough of this s.hit hole.

I want a fresh start, new faces, new people. I'm starting to feel like I'm being held back by the area in which I live in. I'll tell you a bit about myself so maybe someone on here can give me some advice and not think I'm totally nuts.

Firstly I'm 24 years old, just recently single....again lol. I work a full time construction job and I have my own guitar related business on the side (I'm sure some of you on here seen some of my guitars). I'm an avid motocross and freestyle motocross rider and even had a stint when I was 17-18 that I got to travel around and do it professionally. I also love playing guitar and love writing music.

In my area none of this is popular. I have no people to go riding with b/c god forbid you're better than someone else they take that as a threat of some sort. Everytime I think I find people that want to get something going band wise they only believe in practicing once every three months.

In general the people here basically suck. If you don't have a certain last name or hang with a certain group of people you're trash. I'd consider myself a nice person, I'm always polite and courteous to others and go above and beyond for people to just have them rub dirt in my face.

So my question is to my great audience that is the Pit where does a guy like me fit in at? I'm ready to sit this winter out and then come spring/summer move my life and my business somewhere else that will hopefully be better for my well being and the future of my business. Flame on.
The Northwoods of Wisconsin

Its the shit (Sarcasm)
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
New York, Southern California.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

uh... Columbus, Ohio.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
For the motocross and guitar hobbies, Canada man. It's relaxed as shit here, and we have so much land that there's tons of trails.

Where in Canada depends more on you. If you come to southern Ontario, it's very populated here but with a ton of farm land and such also. Out west everything is really far apart, but you have some wild mountain ranges and sights to see, but it is VERY cold in the winter.

If you go to Vancouver, it doesn't get as warm or cold as anywhere else. It's kind of like Britain, how it rains all the time and hardly snows. The coast is awesome.

Ask some more questions if this sounds like something you want to do.

Also there won't be a culture shock, which is nice.

Edit: I agree with Fear, California would be great too.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Erm, I say go to an inexpensive area, wherever you end up going.
Example: Live in a side town of Toronto, not downtown. Try to avoid a rich sidetown too.
Eventually, if you want, move on up to a richer area.

Good luck!
NYC
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by linksys24
I'd consider myself a nice person, I'm always polite and courteous to others and go above and beyond for people.
You and everyone else.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Erm, I say go to an inexpensive area, wherever you end up going.
Example: Live in a side town of Toronto, not downtown. Try to avoid a rich sidetown too.
Eventually, if you want, move on up to a richer area.

Good luck!

For sure. Unless you want to party downtown or work there, there is no reason to move there.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Let me set this up for you. I'm 25. I moved from DC because of personal life issues, problems with getting into functioning bands (they were 90% punk, 10% flaky punk), and hopes that I'd find something I was looking for to further my passions. I moved 3,000 miles across the US to Seattle for, mainly, the music scene, with one backpack with clothes, and my guitar. Literally. And into the house of someone I'd met twice briefly. So I feel your pain. Now, here's what I've discovered seven years later.

1. About the setting - It doesn't matter where you are. Situations are purely luck, and no matter where you go, everything that dictates what drives you will remain the same. It's like taking a Peugot and throwing it in front of a scenic backdrop, then saying it's not a Peugot anymore. It's the same sh*tty car, just now it has a nice picture behind it.

What I'm sayin is make your motivation, find your reason, form your resolve, and stick at it. If you do that, it doesn't matter where you are. Your persistence will pay off.

2. About the people you can't stand - The world is, at this point, a large, sandbox-esque Highschool. That, unfortunately, doesn't change. No matter where you go.

Unless it's purely financial, IMO, you're looking for a solution in the wrong place.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
When you're 24 wherever you're at is a shithole. The whole world is a shithole.
Where do you live? Oil City?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Kalamazoo, Michigan

or Wooloomaloo, Australia
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
dont go to canada!

theyre a bunch of assholes who send michigan their garbage!!!
Nor california, theyre broker than broke and shit lights on fire there.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by dustyboy316
For sure. Unless you want to party downtown or work there, there is no reason to move there.

I only go downtown for some concerts, and when my friend does hair shows at Circa. Oh, and the occasional Raptors game.
Apart from that, zilch. Expensive apartment for that? I don't think so.
I've been out to California and Nevada. Nevada I really liked but California was a bit....populated haha. Canada sounds interesting though. I've never ventured up that way too much besides Niagra Falls.

I just need a fresh start. I'm not a depressed person but lately the area and the people here are just starting to get to me.
Denver, dude. There's plenty of people, good music, and the front range is full of awesome towns like Boulder and FoCo.
Quote by westdyolf
dont go to canada!

theyre a bunch of assholes who send michigan their garbage!!!
Nor california, theyre broker than broke and shit lights on fire there.

Michigan already is garbage, no harm in sending more there. Plus where would you guys get your money if it wasn't for us Ontarians.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by dustyboy316
Michigan already is garbage, no harm in sending more there. Plus where would you guys get your money if it wasn't for us Ontarians.

Quebec. Ya that's right. Us Mi. mofos are supporting Quebec in their secession movement.
We want France to be a part of N.A. again. Makes it easier to subjugate the continent.
Muwahahahahha!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Toronto is a really nice place
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Jackal58
Quebec. Ya that's right. Us Mi. mofos are supporting Quebec in their secession movement.
We want France to be a part of N.A. again. Makes it easier to subjugate the continent.
Muwahahahahha!!!!!!

That whole movement is done. They voted and it didn't pass. Quebec will never separate, we would just stop trade with them and not allow them in our country. They'd be ****ed. Also, who cares about Quebec. After Montreal it's open land and snow.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by Drmckool
Toronto is a really nice place

I agree. Go live near Toronto, or up near Collingwood. You can get some ski in, it's right on the beach, an hour or so from Toronto, lots of open space, tons of lakes and cottages and overall an amazing area.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by dustyboy316
That whole movement is done. They voted and it didn't pass. Quebec will never separate, we would just stop trade with them and not allow them in our country. They'd be ****ed. Also, who cares about Quebec. After Montreal it's open land and snow.

Mi. just sent 3 million people there. You're screwed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
you know i was kidding about canada, canada is the shit.

id move there.
but i gotta say texas cuz no one has, and i was birthed there lol
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Thanks for all the responses, seriously thank you. I guess I have a lot of researching to do this winter.

UG should have a freaking once a year, rent out a hotel or something where everyone on here could actually get together an hang out. There are some great people on here.
Quote by linksys24
Thanks for all the responses, seriously thank you. I guess I have a lot of researching to do this winter.

UG should have a freaking once a year, rent out a hotel or something where everyone on here could actually get together an hang out. There are some great people on here.

There is no way that could possibly end well at all....

lets do it!
Don't go to new york or california, move out of the states all together imo. Canada's your best bet for a new start. I like vancouver island, well it's where i live but i've lived all over the country and i'd say vancouver island is the best. We get hot summers, about 30 celcius for the summer, perfect for swimming. Then we have mildly cold winters, we'll get like 2-3 feet of snow, it'll stay for a month or two then all melt. I dunno but i like it. The temperature goes in a very even scale, unlike other parts of the country like manitoba (where i used to live) where it would be like, 8 months of cold/snow, 2 months of mildly warm weather then 2 months of summer where we could swim. But here temperatures change gradually and don't drop/rise 30 degrees in a night. But i think BC in general is awesome. There are good parts of america, to many to name infact, but a change would be nice wouldn't it? Canadians love people from different countries, we all seem to love learning about people from different places, or at least the people i hang around with lol. Oh yeah and don't go to vancouver, it's a shit hole filled with smog,it's a horrible city, which is why i'd suggest vancouver island or somewhere to the east of vancouver. Or even up north, where it rains alot. But really think about this for a couple of months, look all over, look on different continents, look at the most popular tourist attractions in places that interest you, where you could set up a buisness but also get along with the community. I'm just suggesting vancouver island and BC because i love it. Oh and remember, participate in community activities where ever you move, you'll get to know people better.
Last edited by maowcat at Dec 5, 2009,
Quote by linksys24

We'd just burn it down and have our way with the maids.
I'm up for it.

So where in Pa. you from. I grew up in W. Pa.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
All of us UG'ers hanging out would be monu.fu.cking.mental

When I do decide to visit a few of these places mention, Canada for sure, I wanna hangout with a few of you cats.
Quote by Jackal58
We'd just burn it down and have our way with the maids.
I'm up for it.

So where in Pa. you from. I grew up in W. Pa.

haha hell yeah!

I'm like smack dab in between Pittsburgh and Erie. The biggest town near me is probably Dubois.
why not Sunny Florida!!!

i quite like it here, music scene isn't huge but workable
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by maowcat
Don't go to new york or california, move out of the states all together imo. Canada's your best bet for a new start. I like vancouver island, well it's where i live but i've lived all over the country and i'd say vancouver island is the best. We get hot summers, about 30 celcius for the summer, perfect for swimming. Then we have mildly cold winters, we'll get like 2-3 feet of snow, it'll stay for a month or two then all melt. I dunno but i like it. The temperature goes in a very even scale, unlike other parts of the country like manitoba (where i used to live) where it would be like, 8 months of cold/snow, 2 months of mildly warm weather then 2 months of summer where we could swim. But here temperatures change gradually and don't drop/rise 30 degrees in a night. But i think BC in general is awesome. There are good parts of america, to many to name infact, but a change would be nice wouldn't it? Canadians love people from different countries, we all seem to love learning about people from different places, or at least the people i hang around with lol. Oh yeah and don't go to vancouver, it's a shit hole filled with smog,it's a horrible city, which is why i'd suggest vancouver island or somewhere to the east of vancouver. Or even up north, where it rains alot. But really think about this for a couple of months, look all over, look on different continents, look at the most popular tourist attractions in places that interest you, where you could set up a buisness but also get along with the community. I'm just suggesting vancouver island and BC because i love it. Oh and remember, participate in community activities where ever you move, you'll get to know people better.

Is there any kind of music scene or motocross scene there?? One of my goals is to open up a shop someday. Around here there's just not that many people into guitars or motocross so it's pointless.
Quote by linksys24
haha hell yeah!

I'm like smack dab in between Pittsburgh and Erie. The biggest town near me is probably Dubois.

Tionesta, Clarion, St. Marys area? I'd give my left nut to live up there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by crebbechi
australia ftw

My options are open. I don't know anything about Australia though
Quote by Jackal58
Tionesta, Clarion, St. Marys area? I'd give my left nut to live up there.

Dude, I'm like a half hour from St. Marys. Why would you want to live up here?? There is literally nothing unless you like trucks with loud pipes and cheap beer.
Page 1 of 2