I wrote this today, I was trying out some new drum sounds, so I'm hopeing they sound more realistic, but I kept my traditional kick sound, since its the only good one I can find. But for this song I tried to go a more postive kinda Alternative type progression, but it still has some thrash influences in there, but the tone is much cleaner now, I replaced the battires in my DS-1, so its much clearer. I played this in Drop A#, like always.

How did I do?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play744473

Leave me a linky and I'll return the favor.

Thanks
Drum pattern is pretty quality ('specially the china cymbal but im a sucker for those); throw some fast compression and a light reverb (like room sized) and they'll sound much more fitting.

Your progression is definetly alot less heavy than other stuff youve got up but it retains a metal edge, I like it, would be great with some ballsy vox. Tone is ok, a little more gain would work well for the rhythm guitar.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240424
pretty nice... solo mmh not so great. it seemed to go nowhere., but overall pretty nice. intro i liked a lot

cheeers!*

Originally Posted by anonymus
I voted "evolutionism", though. Cuz you know... it's sciencey.

Originally Posted by anonymus
We were all created by God...
As Monkeys...
Then evolved.
End Debate.
The drums sounds really cool, pattern wise. The sounds are pretty poor I think. You need to vary some velocitys and EQ them a bit. Add a little reverb and they should sit nicely in the mix.

I really like your rhythm sound. Greta for this sort of music. The riffs were good and the solo was ok. I liked the melodys you used in parts. I think with vocals, like Lamb of God style maybe? this would sounds really quite epic.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Thanks, yeah, the solo was improvised, and I know nothing about lead guitar, so I was just going with the flow really, so I never expected it to be all that great, its more like harmonizing guitar than actual lead. I'll try some reverb on the drums and see what it does.
I really like the riff that comes in at about 46 seconds. Really adds some variety to the song. Drums sound alright i think.

The mix here is good. Nothing sounds muddy or runs together so keep that up.

Other than that i think vocals could add a lot to your songs. I'd like to hear this with some lyrics over it.