sorry pictures were to big so i uploaded them on image shack. ive had this guitar for probly 10 years i actually found it on the side of the road with some other old instruments that were being thrown away by very old lady. im guessing it may have belonged to maybe her son or daughter that used to live with her im not sure i didnt ask why she was throwing them out. but im starting to get into playing it and im just wondering what year it may have been made i know obviously its a fender squier the serial number is E921774 but there is a sticker on the back that says "made in korea" and it has another serial number well i think its a serial number im not sure its "WO 200589" i think it was made in 1990 but im not sure cause i have never seen one like it in all my research. i havnt been able to find one with the output adapter on the sde of the body and no pick guard. it also has floyd rose tremelo and bridge as you can see in the pics. just wondering if anyone has any info on this thing like a year,model or what it may be worth any info would help. heres the pics. http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9891/pict0459.jpg / http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3629/pict0457.jpg / http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5558/pict0462i.jpg / http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5558/pict0462i.jpg / http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4287/pict0454.jpg
squier bullet maybe?

EDIT: nevermind, didnt see the last pic, its obv a stratocaster. did you check the serial against fenders database?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Last edited by TK1 at Dec 5, 2009,
i was thinking a bullet but the bullet that i seen actually said bullet on the head this one doesnt.
i am not sure. fender made some heavy metal strats in the 80¿s with FR's, humbuckers and weird colors, but i odnt know if squier had a remake of those.

IMO it could be
1.- some unknown squier model
2.- some unknown strat body with a squier strat neck
3.- a super heavily modiified squier strat with no pickguard
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
^Yeah, I think so.

Looks like a late 80's/early 90's Japanese Squier to me.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
F***, I want that guitar!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
nope not a showmaster wish i knew what this things worth i'm really not into fenders and if its rare i dont want to get riped off selling it for cheap
could be a custom guitar with a squier neck the customizer got for cheap haha
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by ldnovelo
i am not sure. fender made some heavy metal strats in the 80¿s with FR's, humbuckers and weird colors, but i odnt know if squier had a remake of those.

IMO it could be
1.- some unknown squier model
2.- some unknown strat body with a squier strat neck
3.- a super heavily modiified squier strat with no pickguard

Im leaning more twoards 2. because theres no input jack on the front of the guitar .... UNless it is some weird unknown model ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Natrone
^Yeah, I think so.

Looks like a late 80's/early 90's Japanese Squier to me.

roughly the same era the no name brand Lotus made guitars similar to this.

How can you be certain its not a replacement neck? But odds are
it is the original neck

The old Squier bullet has different neck pickups, they V downward
as these do not, least from what I remember
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
deffinately not a bullet different head stock, different body, pickups and the obvious is the output adapter on the face of the body instead of the side im stumped
That is a 1980's (or early 90's) HM or Heavy Metal Squier Strat. I believe they made the HM Strat in the USA only at first and then started making them in Korea.

This might help too.

How to date a Indian, Korean, Chinese, or Indonesian Squier Electric:

NB. Pre-1996 dating especially is approximate.

For Squier IIs, and all axes with serial numbers beginning with E, S, etc, defer to How to date a Japanese Electric. NB. The number of trailing digits is immaterial. And Squier II's could not possibly have been assembled before 1987/88, as these represent the transition to Indian and then Korean production, and all the ramifications of such (the serial numbers can be off by years for these particular axes, and neck dates may also be misleading).

For other Squiers, there are many variables:

Korean Squiers:

The popular belief is that the first character in the serial number refers to the factory. We know that a first letter of C refers to Cort, and it is popularly believed that a first letter of S refers to Samick, and a first letter of V probably refers to Vester. Those made by Cort are the most desirable. The second character refers to the decade: N represents Nineties (1990's). And the first number following is the year. So, for example "CN6" = made by Cort in 1996.

Exceptions:

Pro-Tone Series (solid ash bodies) had serial numbers with either a) no preceding letters and 7 digits, with the first number being the year, or b) starting with KC for Korea[n] Cort, followed by 2-digit year.

Stagemaster Deluxe (neck-thru maple necks with basswood wings), and the Double Fat Tele Deluxe (all solid mahogany with set necks), with serial numbers starting with KC for Korea[n] Cort, followed by 2-digit year.

There were also some KV (probably Korea[n] Vester) serial numbers followed by 2-digit year.

The KC and KV forms are apparently associated with the change to Crafted in Korea. So, post-1996 models only would have this form of serial number.

Six-digit serial numbers with no preceding letters, with the first number being the year.

Chinese Squiers:

YN: The second character refers to the decade: N represents Nineties (1990's). And the first number following is the year. So, for example "YN6" = 1996. This form is associated with Made in China Affinitys (with the standard body thickness of 45mm/1.75).

CD/CT/CY, followed by 2-digit year. CY appears on all models produced in China, and is by far the most common form. CD appears limited to some Affinity Strats, and CT appears limited to some Affinity Teles. These forms are apparently associated with the change to Crafted in China, so post-1996 models only would have this form of serial number.

Others:

NC = Squier Strat Bullet.

Indonesian Squiers:

IC = Indonesia[n] Cort (solid agathis from 1998), followed by 2-digit year.
IS = Bullet Series (plywood), followed by 2-digit year.
Last edited by cranium2001 at Dec 10, 2009,
well i checked those HM's out those are the closest ive seen but still not it those all have black headstocks, black everything basically it has the pink body but it those have an extra knob or hole in the body
Wait, a squire with a FR trem?! *trips balls*

(Sorry, after seeing those pics I had to)
the headstock says stratocaster on it
GEAR
Schecter demon
Line 6 spider 3,75 watts
Line 6 UX2
Alvarez ad60sc
Fender Squire. Strat Acoustic
Fender standard Stratocaster
SOFTWARE
Logic Studio
Pod Farm 2
That trem is very similar to the single-locking one on my Yamaha. They were a popular alternative to the FR in the mid to late eighties and didn't require F spaced pickups.
It looks to be in brilliant condition for a 20 year old guitar and the fretboard/frets appear to be about the best I've ever seen on a Squier.
The important question is, how does she play?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by nubzorz
well i checked those HM's out those are the closest ive seen but still not it those all have black headstocks, black everything basically it has the pink body but it those have an extra knob or hole in the body

http://www.strat-central.com/fmi.htm

Check this page out about half way down. Here is another one in black. It does seem pretty hard to find much info on these but they do exist. The other ones you saw were most likely the HM2,HM3, Japanese, or USA versions. The headstocks varied on the HM2 and HM3, some almost looking Jacksonesque. I would hang on to that guitar if I were you. I don't think there are too many around.
it deffinatly plays great now that i can actually play somewhat. but im new to guitar and the amp i have is about as old as the guitar and it doesnt do the guitar justice. i wish i took better care of the guitar since i started playing its been knocking around my house getting a few dings and dents. il deffinatly be taking better care of it since this thing seems to be some rare gem or something cause i still cant find one like it i was thinking about selling it cause i thought it was junk but i think il be keeping it now.
Quote by cranium2001
http://www.strat-central.com/fmi.htm

Check this page out about half way down. Here is another one in black. It does seem pretty hard to find much info on these but they do exist. The other ones you saw were most likely the HM2,HM3, Japanese, or USA versions. The headstocks varied on the HM2 and HM3, some almost looking Jacksonesque. I would hang on to that guitar if I were you. I don't think there are too many around.

hey thanks dude that one your talking about in the pic is deffinatly the same guitar. finally these things are very hard to find