im thinking about getting myself a valveking head and peavey cab.

there are two cabs i see on sam ash's website, the one for the valveking and the one for the windsor. the windsor is a cheaper price i guess because of the speakers being mono. I am the person that believes in having the best things possible, i've played too long now with having shit break on me even if they seem promising.

tl;dr

a cab is mono because of the speakers? if i get stereo speakers would that be cool to just stick in a cheap cab?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
a mono cab will work

a cabinet is stereo not because of the speakers that are in it...but how they are wired. they're usually split into top/bottom, or right/left and each side has its own jack. This is useful for running to heads, etc. But like 311 said...a mono cab will work for you. My advice...stay away from Peavey cabinets altogether. They make awesome bass cabinets...but their guitar cabs are terrible imo. I've had the Windsor cab and 6505 cabinet...and I hated both. My old MG cabinet had more bottom end than both of them.

Also:
Budget?
New or Used?
Genres?
Home or Gig?
Current Gear?
Closest City?

the valveking is around 500 for the head, i ultimately want to spend just 1000 for a halfstack.

so that leaves 500 for a good cab, i'd like it to sound good as a cab and ultimately want celestion greenbacks or vintage 30's in them, but no name speakers are fine as long as i can switch them out.

used is fine, tone wise, i favor EVH to Paul Gilbert, needs to be for gigging, current gear is a bugera 333xl [im selling it] closest city would probably be NYC
The VK halfstack is simply not worth the money, when you can get so much good stuff on the used market.
$1000 will usually get you a crappy brand new halfstack, or a pro-quality used combo/compact rig.

Have a look for a used JCM900.
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Why get rid of a Bugera 333xl...

for a Peavey Valveking?

lol... yah thats what I was thinking... in a way its kinda like down grading...

I guess if he likes it he likes it... *shrugs*
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by Ethanb08
lol... yah thats what I was thinking... in a way its kinda like down grading...

I guess if he likes it he likes it... *shrugs*

the piece of shit crapped out on me in 3 months, how am i supposed to trust the brand? there could be a number of things wrong with it besides the tubes as well, besides i don't really appreciate the tone of it all too much. i just want something loud and reliable thats pretty much it.
Quote by nivlarama
the piece of shit crapped out on me in 3 months, how am i supposed to trust the brand? there could be a number of things wrong with it besides the tubes as well, besides i don't really appreciate the tone of it all too much. i just want something loud and reliable thats pretty much it.

You really think one shitty Chinese-built amp is going to be better than another shitty Chinese-built amp?
Hehe... Don't start a fight over a guitar amp...

You should get a newer Bugera, perhaps. Yours might be one of the older ones which were apparently really easy to break, however the newer ones don't get half as much bad rep, and on comparison they are also better, again, apparently.

Kyle is right though, these crappy valvekings probably pay the maker for about...
One little kids grain of rice?
The Valvekings are actually pretty reliable but unfortunately do not have as good a tone as the Bugeras imo. I would be hitting up craigslist daily for a decent combo or as much head and stack as you can afford used.
Seriously, bad idea, you'll get better things if you go for a combo...And don't get the Valveking...IMO.

As the others said, try Craigslist if you're in the US, and look for something used.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!