Page 1 of 2
Hey guys.

So basically i just bought Ashes Of The Wake by Lamb Of God. i bought it thinking it was the standard edition, it didn't say anywhere that it was censored. It censors swear words (Obviously), but also words like noose which could have references to suicide.

Do you guys reckon i could get my money back on it?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
If the plastic wrap is off, youre ****ed.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Try returning it?
If not, sell it to a used cd store and buy the other one.

There is no 'other one'. It didn't even say anywhere it was censored, they only sold that copy.
Quote by Mad Marius
Illegally download. You wouldn't have that problem. Also, take Pagan_Poetry's second bit of advice. It's good.

Don't go back to the same store. I'm sure you can find it somewhere else.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Dec 5, 2009,
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Try returning it?
If not, sell it to a used cd store and buy the other one.

bad idea. they would give him like a dollar or less
Quote by brandon369852
Illegally download. You wouldn't have that problem. Also, take Pagan_Poetry's second bit of advice. It's good

+1

You've already bought the record, so now you can go download the version you wanted.
Quote by wenwi91
bad idea. they would give him like a dollar or less

He's already bought it. What else is he going to do with it? Chuck it and get nothing back?
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
He's already bought it. What else is he going to do with it? Chuck it and get nothing back?

Personally i think they should be able to give me a refund considering they didn't say it was censored anywhere.
Quote by Mad Marius
Quote by SOADriff
Personally i think they should be able to give me a refund considering they didn't say it was censored anywhere.

So go to a local record store, and say "can I sell CDs that I don't want anymore" and if they say, "you can donate them." Donate it and download it off the internet. You already bought it, just a different version.

And no, they probably won't give a refund. They'll say "opened? no way, man."
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by SOADriff

I wasn't aware that they had to tell you. That is your job as the consumer. You research before buying a product.
Quote by SOADriff

Yeah I remember when I was about 13, I bought Korn's Untouchables. I was at the counter and the chick there said "Oh this one is censored, if you didn't know. If you need the original version we'll need an adult (I was in the states on vacation at the time), but just so you know."

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to let you know before you purchase it.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Yeah I remember when I was about 13, I bought Korn's Untouchables. I was at the counter and the chick there said "Oh this one is censored, if you didn't know. If you need the original version we'll need an adult (I was in the states on vacation at the time), but just so you know."

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to let you know before you purchase it.

They don't have to do anything. If it's uncensored, they have to tell you, because he could be under aged, but if it's censored, it's just another purchase.
Follow me on Twitter
I'm guessing SOADriff moreso wants a physical copy of the version he wanted, rather than
paying for the wrong version, then getting something he could've gotten for free in the
first place.

Logical solution: Go sell it somewhere, find a cd store that sells the version you wants, and shoplift
Quote by brandon369852
They don't have to do anything. If it's uncensored, they have to tell you, because he could be under aged, but if it's censored, it's just another purchase.

Ah ok. I've only bought albums a few times in the states, as I am an Iglooian. Here in Canada, you don't need a parent to buy a PA album, we barely have censored albums (most stores have the censored versions in the back and you have to ask for them or whatever), etc. So I wasn't 100%.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Ah ok. I've only bought albums a few times in the states, as I am an Iglooian. Here in Canada, you don't need a parent to buy a PA album, we barely have censored albums (most stores have the censored versions in the back and you have to ask for them or whatever), etc. So I wasn't 100%.

All's good. I don't really buy albums, unless it's classical or jazz stuff, everything is else is free for meh.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
All's good. I don't really buy albums, unless it's classical or jazz stuff, everything is else is free for meh.

I download first, and buy whatever ends up being good.
If there's only one or two good songs, I won't buy it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Pay attention next time. And buy version you want.

FFS man. I thought it was the original version, how was i supposed to know if it was censored if it didn't say it anywhere on the pack.

Infact, it has a sticker than says Warning: Moderate Course Language!!

FFS. people can be ****ing assholes.
Quote by Mad Marius
Did you get it from Wal-Mart? If you did, then it does say it's edited. In a little black bar on the price tag.

You can't return it, if you do they'll just give you another copy of the exact same cd.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Caveat emptor. If that doesn't help, just download it. It's not like you didn't already pay for it.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
customer is always right. just take it back and say you it doesn't work, and that you are so disappointed in the store you don't want a replacement, then buy it elsewhere.
to be honest, if i was working in the store i'd let you return it for whatever reason, but then i'm nice like that.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
you should be able to get your money back, explain that its not what you thought it was and you want the uncensored version if its available?
Quote by merfsullivan
Every time I come to the Pit it makes me wonder if the word retard is being thrown out nearly enough....

Sydal Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Piratebay.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
If it had the "Parental advisory explicit content" and was still censored then take it back, otherwise you have no case unfortunately.
Quote by anuar_grg
Let me guess...

You bought it at JB Hi-Fi for 10 bucks?

Oh man I love the $10 bin!
Quote by archangels666
Actually, this.

Even the conscientious objectors of downloading would agree that you've already paid for it once. Just download the version you want.

'fraid not. the clowns believe you can never own the album, even going as far as to expect you to buy separate copies for the house, the car, etc. basically the law says that you must purchase a hard copy for EVERY individual location you wish to play it, even between multiple cd players. its insane, essentially proof that it is nothing to do with the artist getting a fair deal.

that being said, you could try getting a refund, as it technically is not the cd you wanted. It should have said "Clean Version" or "Edited" somewhere on it, if not then it could be considered false advertising... or download the ****ing thing.

I Animals!!! They're Delicious!!!

...I'm oNly a litTlE CRAzY, BUT A LITtlE GoeS a LOnG WaY...

¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? Lárgate cabrón.

Quote by geetar_man0
Oh man I love the $10 bin!

I like the "From $0.99" bin. They are some really good stuff if you dig real deep. A lot of Jazz too for some reason.

Quote by Idiot_Son
'fraid not. the clowns believe you can never own the album, even going as far as to expect you to buy separate copies for the house, the car, etc. basically the law says that you must purchase a hard copy for EVERY individual location you wish to play it, even between multiple cd players. its insane, essentially proof that it is nothing to do with the artist getting a fair deal.

Not in Australia
Law
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Dec 5, 2009,
The person at the till is not the record label/producer/whatever. They were not to know that it was censored, if it didn't say on it. Go back and talk to the manager and ask him/her.

Alternatively: You have bought the album, so why not now illegally download it.
Just take it back. On a side note, I never had this problem when I was a youngling. No one gives a fuck in the UK about the language on a CD
Quote by daytripper75
I wasn't aware that they had to tell you. That is your job as the consumer. You research before buying a product.

It's the seller's responsibility to inform the buyer what he/she is actually buying. Most CDs say "clean version" if its not censored. There has to be a distinction between the original and the censored version, it's not up to the buyer to have to guess which one it is.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

thats why you don't buy CD's at Walmart
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by daytripper75

If it doesn't state that it is censored, how exactly do you do that? If it's not stated on the case, it's probably not stated anywhere else, and it's a pretty big stretch to assume that if it doesn't say, that you should have to ask. If it isn't stated, you should be able to assume thatit's uncensored. 50/50 the store employee you ask doesn't know.

Furthermore, that's just a shitty practice in general. After all, who's to say that they HAVE to put cds in their corresponding cases. Shoot, they could sell you Barney's greatest hits in a LoG case and, by your logic, you should have done research on the product.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Just scream fuck every time it "beeps" at you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I didn't even know that you could get censored albums :|

Sounds like you're screwed either way. Just download it.
Page 1 of 2