I have got a Epi Standard LP in the standard cherry burst finish. I am going to most likely get a JB for the bridge, since the stock pup turns to mud with high-ish gain gain. I'm planning on leaving it uncovered, I just don't know what color I should get. I could go black, but then the comparisons with Beano would be endless . I could go white, but I don't like the look of it very much. So mostly its a toss-up between black and zebra. Thoughts?

Just in case it is important, I play mostly british rock like Oasis, Muse, Radiohead, and the Beatles. Also the White Stripes, Jack is my favorite guitarist. Which is why I was thinking about alternatively getting one of the Vintage voiced AIRLINE single coils instead.
That pickup won't suit your Paul. Also, save up for another guitar.

To help out, i would suggest telling me what amp you have. Also, check out BKP Black Dog pickups.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
That pickup won't suit your Paul.

Why not?

I have one in my Edwards and it's quite possibly my favorite pickup I've ever used

Though, I would agree if you said that because of the genres he's playing. A different pickup might be a little better suited for the lower gain stuff, but the JB sounds great in LPs

And why save for another guitar?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Just try it out man. If it doesn't work, put them in another guitar.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I personally like zebra pickups, the black ones would give the guitar a bit of a more modern look I think, either would be cool. Forget about who you might be potentially copying and just worry about what you think would be best!
Make up the guitar in http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/8.0/lp8001/base.asp and see which you prefer.
^Dimarzio have a patent on all-cream humbuckers, so SD's aren't gonna be in that colour anytime soon.
IMO with a cherry burst the blacks would look better; contrasts the general brightness of the guitar body.
Quote by Geddiz
^Dimarzio have a patent on all-cream humbuckers, so SD's aren't gonna be in that colour anytime soon.

You can get them in white though, though depending on the creaminess of your hardware ( ), that might not match.

GFS sells Power Rails and Crunchy Rails in "ivory" though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Geddiz
It's pretty stupid, especially since Gibson were the first ones who introduced the double cream, Dimarzio also patented the "PAF" title too, which clearly should be Gibsons even though real PAFs did not have the formal title of "PAF".

Seymour Duncan can't sell double cream uncovered pickups, BUT they can sell covered pickups and the Seth Lovers and Antiquities sometimes come in double cream (along with cream/black zebra and double black), you just don't really know what you are buying (which is why used double cream Antiquities and Seth are sold higher)

Also, if you buy boutique pickups, you can request double cream, they just can't advertise that they sell them. All the boutique pickups I have had have been double cream, I just bought them covered.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 5, 2009,
Quote by p o e
That pickup won't suit your Paul.

This man would like to have a word with you:

Also, I doubt he'll be saving the $300 a set of Bare Knuckles to put in an Epi LP. It would sound great, though.

Quote by EMGPWNS

Also, I doubt he'll be saving the $300 a set of Bare Knuckles to put in an Epi LP. It would sound great, though.

A set of BKPs is ~$240. Not much more than any other set of decent pickups

www.AxePalace.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by EMGPWNS

Rhoads used a JB?

Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE