Hey, just wondering how much better a Vetta II would sound over a Spider III. Also, how good are the built in effects? Do the amp models of the ENGL Powerball, Peavey 5150 II, and Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier sound fairly close to the originals?
The Vetta II is UNIVERSES better than the Spider III.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
well, it's one of the better modeling amps on the market
haven't had the pleasure of jamming on one myself though so I can't account for the accuracy of the models
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
well, it's one of the better modeling amps on the market
haven't had the pleasure of jamming on one myself though so I can't account for the accuracy of the models

most models are meh in terms of accuracy, but in their own right they're not bad at all, and infinitely better than the spider III
Quote by HellBoy9393
The Vetta II is UNIVERSES better than the Spider III.

This.

The only thing comparable to a Vetta in terms of modeling power is an Axe-FX rack unit.
Quote by Led Dirigible
*lays out MatrixClaw bait*

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
The only thing comparable to a Vetta in terms of modeling power is an Axe-FX rack unit.

whoa, slow down a sec... the vetta II is very good. very. but the axe-fx is in a class of its own. it's models respond in ways previously unthinkable. in fact, i'll go so far as to say the next gen of modelers will be based on A-FX software technology... maybe hardware too. that thing's got a lot of torque.
^ I think he was more saying that the only thing better you can buy in terms of modeling is the Axe-FX. For the new price, this isn't really much of a step up in cost and is definitely worth the extra money; but if you're buying new, the Vetta is ~half the price of the Axe. Though of course, there are also amps like the H&K Zentera, Johnson Millenniums, etc. that are also great options.

The models on the Vetta share some of the qualities of the amps they model; in high gain models such as the Rectos, it's hard to model an amp with solid state technology that can dial in the sag of that amp, but other qualities of it are kept (big sound, large lowend, etc). When recorded though, it can come very close to the sounds found on the albums of your favorite bands.

The lower gain/mid gain amps are much closer to the actual amps, because it's easier to replicate those types of sounds on a SS amp. However, the models don't have the dynamics of the amps they replicate, for this the Axe-FX is the only choice, it sounds and behaves like a tube amp like no other SS amp can.

As far as the Vetta goes though, it will be a HUGE improvement over a Line 6 Spider and I'd suggest you pick one up used, because you can find them price very low (I got my combo for $350 - though I wouldn't expect to find one that cheap ).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com