So, I've found a Valveking 112 for 275 euros...second hand(400 and som, new)..here is my question, it will be used for bedroom practise, does it sounds good a low volumes? and will it fit my styles(Iron Maiden,TRivium,Slipknot,)?
Last edited by tasanhalas at Dec 5, 2009,
The clean channel is good even at bedroom volumes. The lead channel however is not IMO. I had to change speakers, get an EQ pedal, and put an OD pedal in front of it to even get it in the ballpark for the styles you are looking for. I still didnt like it, and sold it.
375eu is way to much for the 112.
I owned a valveking about a year ago, had some good times with it. It's good at bedroom levels and does a little bit of everything but it doesn't do anything really good. So for your styles you will have to mod nd buy pedals a lot, so you might just be better of buying the new 6505+ combo for 150eu more.
Quote by GuitarDTO
The clean channel is good even at bedroom volumes. The lead channel however is not IMO. I had to change speakers, get an EQ pedal, and put an OD pedal in front of it to even get it in the ballpark for the styles you are looking for. I still didnt like it, and sold it.

I'm already stretching to meet this price...But I do have a Mt-2
Quote by henis
375eu is way to much for the 112.
I owned a valveking about a year ago, had some good times with it. It's good at bedroom levels and does a little bit of everything but it doesn't do anything really good. So for your styles you will have to mod nd buy pedals a lot, so you might just be better of buying the new 6505+ combo for 150eu more.

I wrote it wrong...it's 275eu
Quote by tasanhalas
I wrote it wrong...it's 275eu

Hmm, I bought my 212 for 260, youd be looking at 120eu or so to completely mod it plus another 50 for an OD.
I can buy a new valveking 112 for almost the equivilent of 275eu in the UK! So o that front, for a used VK it's not that great of a deal.

Secondly, the clean channel is pretty awesome.

Third, the lead channel is not great at all at low volumes. And even at higher volumes, it's not great until you mod the amp which is going to cost you.

For your tones that you're looking for, you're probably going to need a new speaker, an OD, and an EQ before you can get close to the tightness of those bands. The VK has enough gain, it's just a bit loose!

It's a pretty good amp, but for your needs i don't think it's right for you!

Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic