hello, today i got the dunlop cry baby wah. directly after i puted in the 9 volt battery. i plugd my guitar in and played (im using a squier stratocoaster classic vibe 60' and a line6 spider3 15w amp). but i have two problems: the wah is working fine but when i play on clean and i press down the wah pedal (the aaa sound ) its sounds really hard and if i turn on the volume its hurts my ears.
my ohter problem is when i put on distortion an overdrive and i tap (van halen style) and i push my wah open (the whhh sound) i almost can't hear the notes
its maybe hard to understand because engish is not my langauge but i just wanted to know wats going on and except for those two little problems its a very fine pedal
Quote by Tom19s
hello, today i got the dunlop cry baby wah. directly after i puted in the 9 volt battery. i plugd my guitar in and played (im using a squier stratocoaster classic vibe 60' and a line6 spider3 15w amp). but i have two problems: the wah is working fine but when i play on clean and i press down the wah pedal (the aaa sound ) its sounds really hard and if i turn on the volume its hurts my ears.
my ohter problem is when i put on distortion an overdrive and i tap (van halen style) and i push my wah open (the whhh sound) i almost can't hear the notes
its maybe hard to understand because engish is not my langauge but i just wanted to know wats going on and except for those two little problems its a very fine pedal

You have 3 problems.

The Spider doesn't take pedals well.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
1. Turn down some of the high frequencies on your amp E.Q. However this problem is more likely to be the cause of the nature of the pedal since a wah works by emphasising certain frequency bands, so obviously the highs will be rather harsh.

2. Tap harder? Try a compressor?
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
Just to clear something up for you, the "aaaah" sound is Treble and the "Whhhh" sound is Bass. But yeah I have a line 6 spider 75w, and what you said about using it on clean, yeah. There's no way around it. Partly why I want a new amp. Line 6 spider sucks for pedals
Last edited by gatechballer at Dec 5, 2009,
Oh yeah and you'll often notice notes sort of fade put when the pedal is between the Nass and treble positions. Sorry, man, but the Spider just works poorly with pedals
the problem on clean, is that your treble is too high, problem with tapping is most likely your technique, tap harder. besides, who does tapping with wah on?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
You can adjust the wah pot so its less harsh in the full treble position. But there are plenty of mods that will make a big difference in stock crybabies, lower gain transistors will reduce the treble for instance. But using a spider its not really gonna do much anyways.