I don't know what the LS series cabinets are made of. The B-52 website doesn't say. The AT series cabinets are made of baltic birch, which is the material of choice for good cabinets. They run about US$400.00 each. If you can handle the price, I recommend the AT series cabinets over the LS series cabinets.
you dont need a 4x12, i regret getting mine

a 2x12 would be perfect

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

well i play a lotta shows and most venues don't mic and theyrs no stage so the people in front block the sound from the people in back so i wanted 4 speakers so that it could spreadd the sound to the back. how would a 2x2 spread it out more cuz it will just be laying on the ground and people will block it.
A 4x12 cabinet is going to move more air, so it is going to be louder. Given what you've said about the venues in which you play, I think you've made the right decision about the size of the cabinet. What kind of amplifier will you be using to drive the cabinet?

This would be at the limit of your price range, but it is a good cabinet:
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=G412T
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Dec 5, 2009,
I would use it with a valveking 112. i have an eq pedal and bad monkey so the thing sounds pretty good too. thing is it has to be 16 ohm. i was thinking the bugera 412, a used hardke vortex 412, the b52 ls412, the ibanez is412c, or a raven.
Honestly if you get a shitty 4x12 you WILL regret it. I got my mesa 4x12 for $400. Try to go used if you can. I know that's a ridiculous deal I got on mine but they are out there. Also $500 for the avatar 4x12 is not expensive at all.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by 4seampowerchord
but that wouldn't spread out the sound as much...
You haven't used many cabs have you?

I'd rather have a great sounding, slightly less spread-out tone than a room-filling wall of shit.

Quote by 4seampowerchord
well i play a lotta shows and most venues don't mic and theyrs no stage so the people in front block the sound from the people in back so i wanted 4 speakers so that it could spreadd the sound to the back. how would a 2x2 spread it out more cuz it will just be laying on the ground and people will block it.
I play at least 2-4 nights a week, frequently unmic'd in pubs and clubs, with a 1x12 combo with a single Mojotone speaker. Even from the back of a packed room, it sounds bloody fantastic.
I'd rather have one good speaker than four crap ones, especially as smaller cabs make transport/load-in much quicker and easier.
where do u guys get ur used stuff from? i can also get a crate blue voodoo 412 for 230 used
Last edited by 4seampowerchord at Dec 5, 2009,