can anyone recomend a proper amazing accurate simple to use bass tuner?
Ive got a cheap tuner (its called the ET-2009) and it dosnt know which string Im playing!

it has just made me snap my E string!

I have a 4 string bass, and help is needed!

Please help

you couldnt give me a brief on how to use could you?

(Im a newbie)
All the cool kids use it. Basically, you turn it on. Play a note to it, and it will tell you what note it is or is close to. Green light is on the note, red is flat on the left, and sharp on the right.

Strings should go EADG thickest to thinnest unless you have freaky strings.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by obeythepenguin
Don't most tuners have a "manual" setting where you can tell it what pitch to tune?

Most tuners either have a mode where it locks onto EADGBE (for guitar) and the octave (for bass), or a chromatic mode.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I'm gonna second that Korg one, it'll work for anything that plays notes. A tuner is an essential piece of kit, get one asap.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Korg is good. Simple, and effective.
But honestly, yes - I know your new, but try to be able to tune it by ear.

For me, I just need another tuned note, and I just match that on the bass, and listen till it harmonizes, or is exactly the same. [Ex: I have a pianist play a E, and I play my E string till it sounds the same.]
Then, for a 4 string bass in EADG [Standard] tuning, just play the 5th fret on each string. The next string [open] should match that exactly. It takes some practice, but makes life so much easier. [Ex: E-5 matches A-0, A-5 matches D-0, D-5 matches G-0.]