Hey guys,

So I have been searching for the 'right' first electric guitar for a little over a year now. I've played acoustic for probably 6 years, and desperately want to get into electric. Recently, I went to a Guitar Center and played a couple of PRS SE's. They felt great. It was the first guitar I played where the neck fit my hand perfectly. So, I was pretty sure I wanted to get one of the SE models as my first guitar.

I then heard people complaining about the bridges, and that they have no way to intonate, so I started second guessing my choice. I don't know much about Electrics, so I was wondering how big of a deal these bridges are? Is it a big issue that you can't set the intonation? Supposedly it is preset from the factory, but does that mean the intonation will never have to be set up?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Looks like they are adjustable to me.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
Looks like they are adjustable to me.

I think the ones with tremolos are but the hard-tails aren't, are they?
The hardtail ones have something similar to a tunomatic on them, its a PRS dude, they dont cut off the ability to innotate just cause its a bit cheaper of a guitar. Plus, they do come innotated from the factory and already have a nice set up. But, yes, they are innotatible.
Quote by ethan_hanus
The hardtail ones have something similar to a tunomatic on them, its a PRS dude, they dont cut off the ability to innotate just cause its a bit cheaper of a guitar. Plus, they do come innotated from the factory and already have a nice set up. But, yes, they are innotatible.

Oh okay, it is just that you can't intonate each string individually? You do the high E and the low E, and the others in between are suppose to intonate from doing that?
No, a tunomatic bridge has each string in a little saddle and has a screw to innotate each one, but you should never have to need to innotate it, since its setup like an acoustic guitar, so innotation should never be a problem, most hardtails are set up like this.
The strings aren't individually intonatable, but they are well set up and will usually be pretty accurate. If it becomes a problem you can order a replacement bridge from PRS with individual saddles for intonation. Or you could get a trem model which can be intonated individually
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
The strings aren't individually intonatable, but they are well set up and will usually be pretty accurate. If it becomes a problem you can order a replacement bridge from PRS with individual saddles for intonation. Or you could get a trem model which can be intonated individually

Awesome. Thanks guys!
I have a PRS SE Santana model with the wrap around bridge. Ive had it for a couple for around a year and intonation hasnt been a problem for me.