I have been playing guitar for a little more than two years, and had been progressing nicely until I kind of hit a wall. I know a little bit of music theory such as modes, circle of fifths, and simple basic stuff. What I am looking for is a suggestion on what would be the best musical theory book to help me get more out of my playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks all
I will ruin every of your stuff...

Sir, I believe I love you.
Yeah you can sig that if you want.
-Posted by Kynyster_K
Thank you very much, Jackson. I'll definitely look into it.

-Posted by Kynyster_K
I prefer this one book, its called the guitar players grimoire or something like that, its this gothic looking book with modal patterns scales everything. You could do this or just buy a paul gilbert DVD, he has very fun modal excercises. As far as theory, all it really is is knowing the circle of fifths and major+minor scale
Jazzology...it is amazing! And you don't have to know much at all. Just if you know the circle of fifths or atleast have a basic idea of it. The book starts out with intervals and stuuf, then goes onto chord construction and 7th chords. And it has tons more after that I love it. And it has parts where you fill in notes based on what it asks and all types of "problems" with an answer key at the end. It takes you step by step through everything from basic intervals to composing music based on progressions in a key. Even talks about improvising. It's the best I've ever used
Thanks be to all of you for your help...hell, I may just have to get all of them lol

-Posted by Kynyster_K