I've recently recorded some of my own songs and uploaded them to sound click. I currently have one of my songs Euphoria on the charts not sure how this has happened as i only uploaded them for safe storage and haven't promoted/publicized my songs at all.

However this has intrigued me to get some constructive criticism.

So please check out my songs and let me know what you think!!

I really enjoy songwriting but would be grateful for any advice or praise should it arise

Also i know i can't sing at all but ya know just to give you an idea

thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/crazydiamond1986
Original Tracks - www.soundclick.com/crazydiamond1986

Santa Ana Drea.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood TW15-NS
Takamine EG523SC
Fender Deluxe Ash Stratocaster MN
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Jim Dunlop Cry baby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss ME-50
ur voice wasnt too bad.
i reli like the tone of ur acoustic. it has alot of character.
I like ur overall sound. it has a cool edgy vibe.
ur sound is a bit samey over the songs though.
good stuff though.
thanks very much for your comments.
I was afraid of all my songs were becoming samey not quite sure what i can do to change that

thanks for taking the time to listen and post though.

Santa Ana Drea.
Tanglewood TW15-NS
Takamine EG523SC
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Jim Dunlop Cry baby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss ME-50
Hey man, I like the ideas. There are two major problems in my opinon though:

1: You really need a metronome, I could kind of tell where you were trying to go with your grooves, but most of them were very sporatic and hard to follow.

2: Work on synchopation. Your vocal part did not seem to go at all with your guitar parts. (I listened to Euphoria and Like A hurricane.)

Other than that I think there is some potential. I actually kind of like your vocal style, sort of like a Tom Waits or something. Also, make sure you stay in the right key when you solo. But I really like the concepts and ideas.

Check out my bands stuff:

www.myspace.com/apenatural
You can comment us on there or whatever. Thanks.
Thanks a lot for your critique, def some points that ill take on board and try to work on them. I def agree with the metronome part, timing is one of my many weak points

Not sure what you mean about the solo being out of key though i basically just played the song and then soloed over it in garageband basically with what just felt right and sounded good to me :p

Def need to study more music theory though

cheers

Santa Ana Drea.
Tanglewood TW15-NS
Takamine EG523SC
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Jim Dunlop Cry baby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss ME-50
Actually being "samey" means you found your sound.everybody sounds the same.it is unique like their voice and laughter.however i believe the trick not to sound "samey" musically is rhythmic and strumming pattern changes.I like your work.good luck.
Quote by ell2003

Not sure what you mean about the solo being out of key though i basically just played the song and then soloed over it in garageband basically with what just felt right and sounded good to me :p

Sorry, I was a little unclear. I didn't mean that your solo was out of key. What I meant was that there were one of two notes that were out of key. (By key I mean the spectrum of notes that theoretically fits the chord being solo'd over) So most of the solo worked and was good, but one or two notes was off. Easily fixed, and is really just a matter of practice and earwork.
Seems a bit off-time. Use a metronome like the other guys here have said.
The chords are nice sounding, but get boring after you've heard them so many times. Check out some voice leading lessons on UG.

All in all, pretty good, liked it. Work on timing and voicing and you will stop sounding so "samey" (never heard that term, haha) and will keep a nice groove.
thanks for your critques all, Not quite sure which notes in the solo you mean as it all sounded good to me . I do confess to knowing nothing about theory/scales etc.

tenfold could you link me up to the said lessons i can't find anything on timing and voice leading?? Also i used a few chords for the verses and then different fuller chords for the chorus not sure how i could change it up and stop it getting boring as the chorus follows the same structure, i tried to add some licks to avoid this?

Cheers though i like feedback it gives me stuff to think/work on to improve so its all good

Santa Ana Drea.
Tanglewood TW15-NS
Takamine EG523SC
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Jim Dunlop Cry baby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss ME-50
thanks a lot man, ill check those out!

Santa Ana Drea.
Tanglewood TW15-NS
Takamine EG523SC
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Jim Dunlop Cry baby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss ME-50
Anxious to know what you will come up with Basically you make a melody, then build a chord progression where the melody is played as the highest note but you're playing the chords at the same time you're playing the melody.