I like them, but I dunno which ones are any good at my price £300 - £500, floyd, 24 frets, not garbage.. Good for metal, rock, blues, jazz, funk etc.
Quote by Lollage123
I like them, but I dunno which ones are any good at my price £300 - £500, floyd, 24 frets, not garbage.. Good for metal, rock, blues, jazz, funk etc.

You wont find an amzing RG unless you go used.

Search ebay/craigslist for used Ibanezes preferably the RG570 or 550
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by ibanezgod1973
rg420......£400 - £450

to get a prestige 1550/1570 you need another £300- £350 minimum

and just a quick search on google

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=ibanez+rg&hl=en&price1=450.00&price2=700.00&lnk=prsugg&show=dd

i found a 570 in my local shop for £400
Also i said used

EDIT:Save and get a 2550z or a new 1570.

What guitar/amp/stuff do you have at the moment?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Dec 5, 2009,
The non prestige Ibanez are let down by some low end hardware, the Edge 3 while not as bad as everyone says isn't great especially compared to the ZR found on all S models so I'd recommend one of those before a non prestige RG.
Unless of course you go used and get yourself a RG550 or RG570.

Edit: i mean the original 550 not 1550.
I'd say, for that kinda money, live without the tremolo and get a fixed bridge RG. If you want an Ibanez RG with a trem you really should be going either Prestige or used MIJ with an Original/Lo-Pro Edge.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
definitely used RG550 or RG570. RG560's are great too, but a little more rare. anyway an old used MIJ Ibanez will not let you down.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by ch0
I'd say, for that kinda money, live without the tremolo and get a fixed bridge RG. If you want an Ibanez RG with a trem you really should be going either Prestige or used MIJ with an Original/Lo-Pro Edge.

I agree.

The Edge III is not actually all that bad - badly designed that is. I bet they'd use it on their upper models if it wasn't made of pot metal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.