http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-B212XL-Passive-Speaker-Pair?sku=501603

Anyone have experience with these?

My drummer and I have a 1500 Watt Power Amp, 750 split to each channel. We speakers to cover that wattage, would these work well?

Is the quality alright? They are damn cheap that's why I'm interested.

Also, we have a couple of SoundTech speakers right now, but their peak wattage is 300. So I figured we couldn't use them because they wouldn't that much wattage. An explanation of wattage in P.A. systems would be very helpful, as I'm not very experienced with them.

Thank you very much.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Dec 5, 2009,
is that 1500w peak or rms? if its peak then you will be fine with those behringers. i have mixers from them that do a good job.
Quote by CrysisFX
is that 1500w peak or rms? if its peak then you will be fine with those behringers. i have mixers from them that do a good job.

I've heard their Pro Audio equipment is better than their horrible amp/pedal reputation.

The power amp is a Crest Audio VS1500, and I would just count it as a peak wattage from what I've seen.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Behringer sacrifice reliability for price so keep that in mind. Just try to treat them nicely. If they ever do break it should be quite an easy fix though.

Buy that pair of Behringers and just make sure not to crank your power amp. (also make sure not to use your soundtech speakers and Behringer at the same time through the power amp or the soundtechs will blow)

EDIT: I read the fine print and saw: (200W continuous/800W peak power). So your choices are either not bringing the power amp above 6-7, or getting a bit higher wattage of speakers (which could be worth it in the end, even for an extra 100-200 watts)
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Last edited by Faux~Affliction at Dec 5, 2009,
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Behringer sacrifice reliability for price so keep that in mind. Just try to treat them nicely. If they ever do break it should be quite an easy fix though.

Buy that pair of Behringers and just make sure not to crank your power amp. (also make sure not to use your soundtech speakers and Behringer at the same time through the power amp or the soundtechs will blow)

EDIT: I read the fine print and saw: (200W continuous/800W peak power). So your choices are either not bringing the power amp above 6-7, or getting a bit higher wattage of speakers (which could be worth it in the end, even for an extra 100-200 watts)

So 750 watts through an 800 watt speaker is too risky?

You recommend say, the 1000 watt version?

Would the SoundTech's work on their own at all?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE