Is it just a catch all term for any high gain chuggy tone? Cause that's what it sounds like.

Meshuggah is what I'm thinking, but I could be wrong. I don't really consider most high gain tones "brutal" since they don't often have much punch compared to low gain breakup.
well in the case of guitar, yes pretty much. Anything to do with death metal and blast beats and that kind of stuff really and it is now applied to more or less anything
Ah iight. That seems like a really broad classification, but gracias.

Edit: And yeah I've noticed that 1 watt practice amps and computer speakers get labelled brootalz on here quite often.
Last edited by Plexi81 at Dec 5, 2009,
Deathcore is considered br00t@lz, but in my opinion bands like Maiden, Motörhad or even AC/DC are more brutal at any time, because their songs are so powerful. Deathcore seems to be more about how fast musicians can play.
Quote by DarkValo666
Deathcore is considered br00t@lz, but in my opinion bands like Maiden, Motörhad or even AC/DC are more brutal at any time, because their songs are so powerful. Deathcore seems to be more about how fast musicians can play.

Deathcore breakdowns can be really slow. Listen to Disengage by Suicide Silence, the whole song is pretty slow.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
please dont get in a genre arguement on the correct classification of "br00tals". come on guys, we are better than that. i hope...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MatrixClaw

--------------------------------
Anyone who uses this word in this form in all seriousness are almost always considered douchebags in today's form of society.

1. adj. Brutal (coherent to death metal conventions) as spelt by middle school internet retards, so as to sound cooler.
2. adj. Brutal, yet fashionable, due to prominence on social networking sites. Often used ironically by elitist death metal idiots as a way to shield their stagnant genre from progression. This sense of the term is usually applied to proponents of the deathcore genre, as a reaction to the genre's metalcore influences

Treble: 10
Mids: -1000
Bass: 10
Gain: All of it, ever

There ya go
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Anyone who uses this word in this form in all seriousness are almost always considered douchebags in today's form of society.

1. adj. Brutal (coherent to death metal conventions) as spelt by middle school internet retards, so as to sound cooler.
2. adj. Brutal, yet fashionable, due to prominence on social networking sites. Often used ironically by elitist death metal idiots as a way to shield their stagnant genre from progression. This sense of the term is usually applied to proponents of the deathcore genre, as a reaction to the genre's metalcore influences

Urban Dictionary is so awesome.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by bingeandletgo

+ BOSS METALCORE

There ya go

NOW its correct
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Seriously. This.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by bingeandletgo

There ya go

Edit:

Gain: over 9000
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Quote by soul.power

NOW its correct

Omg I almost forget

Quote by Jared8998
Edit:

Gain: over 9000

OVER NINE THOUSAAAANDD!?!?!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I don't consider anything specific brutal....its just a tone that you know when you hear!