like, how to get the sound of like screaming into a megaphone.
When you have no megaphone.
How is that accomplished?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
line 6's podfarm has that vocal effect.
could try tweaking your EQ, turn up the treble and cut the bass. it may give a simalar sort of sound.
Quote by beatreebor
line 6's podfarm has that vocal effect.
could try tweaking your EQ, turn up the treble and cut the bass. it may give a simalar sort of sound.

Thank you thank you.
ill try that real quick.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Megaphones cause a light feedback so I'd add in a light distortion or something, then Boost the upper mids (700-900hz??) and go from there, add some highs and I'd cut off a lot of your lows too.
See how that goes
Quote by i am iron man
Megaphones cause a light feedback so I'd add in a light distortion or something, then Boost the upper mids (700-900hz??) and go from there, add some highs and I'd cut off a lot of your lows too.
See how that goes

+1 this, megaphones are designed to reproduce the most vital area you need to hear the human voice so cut a lot of the sound apart from the upper mids. Use a lot of high/low passing and a bit of distortion as mentioned above and you should be in the ballpark.
While 700-900hz is technically "high mids" range, all you're gonna get if you boost there is honk which is gonna **** with the ability to make out the words. So boost a little higher. Try 2khz-5khz. But be careful, it'll get harsh quickly.
Add some distortion and a light slapback delay and a bit of verb and you're away.
Filters. Low Pass and High Pass, so that, like someone else said, you will be left with primarily mids.

Put mids on 10 and bass/treble on 0 on your guitar amp to mimic the sound for guitar.

Also,
if you have fruitty loops (flstudio) then you can go into their effects and they have a preset.
high pass filter and really short, moderately heavy reverb. You could also use a band pass filter set to 700 Mhz - 1 Khz (you can toy with this to make it work better with your voice.) in place of the HP filter.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Dec 7, 2009,
Megaphone gives a certain pitch to your voice....if you turn up the treble and turn down the bass you will get that kinda dry sound....adjust the color a little more with the mid....also you want to get that reverb effect so try that...maybe a short delay...play with that for a while it may sound similar...