ok so i am looking to get a reverb pedal pretty soon. i want something thats versatile and can do subtle reverb and can get wacky if i want it to. sometimes i like a little slap just for bluesy solos, but sometimes i like a huge long reverb for more post rockesque stuff. ive pretty much narrowed it down to the digitech hardwire rv-7 and the line 6 verbzilla. any thoughts on these two? i like that the line 6 has the octo setting, but im not sure if id use it much.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I find that I need two reverbs... One at the front, one at the end, but that's for complete Post Rock, Shoegaze ambience kinda stuff.

I would say go for the Dr Scientist RRR, if you don't need reverse.
Last edited by ze monsta at Dec 5, 2009,
the rrr is too expensive 150 is my limit, and even that is pushing it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've owned several Verb pedals and for the $$ the Verbzilla is tough to beat. IMO it sounds better than the Hardwire.
EHX Cathedral.

I'm gassing for it SOOOOOO bad. Too bad it's out of both our budgets.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
It's out now for $120.
But its only spring verb. No plate verbs, no octo settings, no halls. And TS seems to want more features, so taking this into account I'd say Verbzilla, on a budget, and Cathedral if you can save more.
Last edited by ze monsta at Dec 6, 2009,
Grab a second hand Alesis Quadraverb. They are getting older now but still an awesome sounding unit so you might pick one up fairly cheap, check ebay

(there I go suggesting rack gear again)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Grab a second hand Alesis Quadraverb. They are getting older now but still an awesome sounding unit so you might pick one up fairly cheap, check ebay

(there I go suggesting rack gear again)

Or an old Lexicon MPX 200.