I am looking to get this Ibanez XPT700 for Christmas because ever since I played it in one of the music stores close to me I loved it. But I wondered, if the Tremolo system any good? I know Ibanez makes their own tremolo systems so it would be a major help if people with Ibanezs posts here. Thank you in advance!

P.S. If I was to buy this, what color should I get? Black, Red Chameleon, or Blue Chameleon?
It's Ibanez's worst tremolo, but you can fit others in there once it breaks down and while it works it ain't all that bad.

And the colour's up to you.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by MoshPitWarrior
So if it broke down, would it fit an Original Floyd Rose system in there?

Yes it would.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
don`t listen to slicer666

there`s nothing wrong with the edge 3(ignore the haters)

if you use, setup and maintain it properly(as per the ibanez manual) you will have several years use out of it.....
As the other guys said, nothing wrong with it and in a few years if you want to upgrde, you can.

Personally I don't know if I like white guitars, but that one looks nice. I think it's the matching headstock.
The Edge III isn't a terrible trem by any means - it's very well designed and if you keep it maintained you'll get a few years out of it - that being said, it's a situation of "good idea, poor execution," as it's made out of the cheapest crap they could find.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
A lot of people hate on the Edge III. I play a Xiphos myself, I haven't had any trouble with it staying in tune.
And in order to put a Floyd Rose in you are going to have to cut out parts of the body.

Red Chameleon, it's awesome
lets just put it this way, the edge 3 cannot handle tons abuse compare to Zr2 bridge, and from what i heard, if u abuse the edge 3 too much, it will not last more than a year. if you decided to upgrade ur trem, go with ibby ZR2 trem with ZPS system and you can abuse your guitar everyday without worrying ur strings going out of tune pr damaging ur trem.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by Techofthegods
A lot of people hate on the Edge III. I play a Xiphos myself, I haven't had any trouble with it staying in tune.
And in order to put a Floyd Rose in you are going to have to cut out parts of the body.

Red Chameleon, it's awesome

how about installing the Zr2 with ZPS?

my local guitar guthier told me, it fit right in.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Yah after a good look up on the system and another trip to the music store, I found out what you guys know. The tremolo system isn't that bad, I put a good amount of pressure and:
a. It did not break
b. It stayed in tune very well
So if this good system just happens to break in the future, what would fit in there?
P.S. S4V10R_X I am looking up the system now and it seems good.
Thanks anyway for the help, and Techofthegods, agreed Red Chameleon is awesome
Quote by MoshPitWarrior
Yah after a good look up on the system and another trip to the music store, I found out what you guys know. The tremolo system isn't that bad, I put a good amount of pressure and:
a. It did not break
b. It stayed in tune very well
So if this good system just happens to break in the future, what would fit in there?
P.S. S4V10R_X I am looking up the system now and it seems good.
Thanks anyway for the help, and Techofthegods, agreed Red Chameleon is awesome

trust me bro, once u installed the ZR2 trem with ZPS system, you can abuse ur guitar like there's no tomorrow. just like my S prestige, everyday i abuse that guitar for 2 to 4 hours a day and i still did not even need to retune my strings.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Um, no. Don't do the ZR2. It won't fit and it requires a lot of routing for the ZPS. The OFR and the Gotoh FR fit right in though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Um, no. Don't do the ZR2. It won't fit and it requires a lot of routing for the ZPS. The OFR and the Gotoh FR fit right in though.

+1

The Edge III does get a lot of hate on here...and some of it is unfounded. If you like to abuse the whammy bar...you're going to wear out the knife edges very quickly. However, as its been mentioned...you can put a OFR in its place when it finally does crap out on your. It shouldn't be a deal-breaker by any means.
The edge 3 definatly isn't the worst trem out there, the no-name licensed Floyds are usually worse. I have have an edge 3, and I usually don't have to take the locks off for about a month, because i have have it set up right. My vote is for either black or the blue chamileon(which i have tried and LOVED!)
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Thanks for the help all of you! Most likely going to get used from a guy not far from me when I have the money.
http://mississauga.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Ibanez-Xiphos-XPT700-Like-New-W0QQAdIdZ168750363
All the things he said is true since the last time I check, it cost (around here) goes for $900+ just for the guitar alone. And ordering online over guitar center with the taxes, then conversion from American to Canadian, then the shipping... you get my point, it is a little bit messy and doesn't help at all. This makes it all too easy and the red chameleon I always like Sounds well taken care of too.
Quote by Slicer666
It's Ibanez's worst tremolo, but you can fit others in there once it breaks down and while it works it ain't all that bad.

You do know that Ibanez has used TRS trems right? The Pro Rock'r wasn't amazing by any means from what i hear as well.
yeah, the Edge III gets just a little bit more unfounded hate around here than Gibson and Line 6 amps. all 3 things are great for what they are, but get tons of negative feedback around here.

anyway, about the edge iii. it's a great medium range or starter floating trem, and i think they work great until the knife edges start to get worn down. at that point you might want to upgrade the system. there are a few different decent systems that will fit in place, plus you can get edge 3's unused somewhat cheap on ebay.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Pac_man0123
You do know that Ibanez has used TRS trems right? The Pro Rock'r wasn't amazing by any means from what i hear as well.

Fine, it's the worst of Ibanez's current tremolo range.

Anyways there wasn't anything wrong with the Pro Rock'r if you fitted the guitar with a locking nut - it's just that doing that would be pointless.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...