Hey guys, just looking for some criticism on this,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1371004/Dont%20leave%20me.mp3

I have two guitar tracks, panned hard left and right. Addictive drums, with my preset and template I made. Looking for things I'm not doing so well so I can improve, thanks & Godbless .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by longneckdude
thats a blink 182 song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97lRapdEHGk

dumbass

The title in my link clearly says "Don't leave me." I recorded it.

Dumbass.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

sounds good, but when your recording your guitar tracks try not to hit the strings so hard, or press down on the frets too hard because what I heard happening was the guitars were getting slightly out of tune while you were playing.

sounded good other wise. ADD A BASS TRACK!
Quote by nothingserious2
sounds good, but when your recording your guitar tracks try not to hit the strings so hard, or press down on the frets too hard because what I heard happening was the guitars were getting slightly out of tune while you were playing.

sounded good other wise. ADD A BASS TRACK!

Alright, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks very much.
My bass is at a friends house right now, I'll cover the whole song with vocals later.

Maybe try work with those drums a bit (I don't know how creative you can get sound wise with Addictive Drums) but those bass hits were very meh, they might just need to be dialed back quite a bit.
Quote by 21Fretter
Maybe try work with those drums a bit (I don't know how creative you can get sound wise with Addictive Drums) but those bass hits were very meh, they might just need to be dialed back quite a bit.

Could you elaborate on dialed back?
Thanks!

Edit; and were there any other drums you think i should work on?

Last edited by tr3nt at Dec 5, 2009,
Drums are a bit paper bag like, I dunno how well you can work addictive drums (never used them), but maybe works some compression on the kick and snare (medium attack, fastish release, 6:1 ratio) so you have less of the initial snap and a bit more of the after thud.

Bass doesn't sound very present here (but I'm only listening on ipod earphones this morning so its hard to tell) but try high passing the guitar between 75-100hz and freeing some room for the bass to come up in the mix a bit.

Gareth (Dream Pin) has some mean tricks for bass sound, I dunno if he's posted them here or not, but he splits the bass up into three tracks usually, compresses the living shit out of one of the tracks, heavily overdrives another and then mixes them all together, for this type of song you might just want to add some mild overdrive and compress the bass to taste so its not sticking out the mix.

Guitars sound ok at the moment.
Quote by Beefmo
Drums are a bit paper bag like, I dunno how well you can work addictive drums (never used them), but maybe works some compression on the kick and snare (medium attack, fastish release, 6:1 ratio) so you have less of the initial snap and a bit more of the after thud.

Bass doesn't sound very present here (but I'm only listening on ipod earphones this morning so its hard to tell) but try high passing the guitar between 75-100hz and freeing some room for the bass to come up in the mix a bit.

Gareth (Dream Pin) has some mean tricks for bass sound, I dunno if he's posted them here or not, but he splits the bass up into three tracks usually, compresses the living shit out of one of the tracks, heavily overdrives another and then mixes them all together, for this type of song you might just want to add some mild overdrive and compress the bass to taste so its not sticking out the mix.

Alright I'll work with my drum template a bit more,
and there's no bass here :P, bass is at a friends house right now.

Quote by Beefmo

I think his bass sound tips were on Ultimate Metal.
Quote by tr3nt
Alright I'll work with my drum template a bit more,
and there's no bass here :P, bass is at a friends house right now.

Hey dude, would you have a listen to my Deftones cover man? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3366605/Deftones%20-%20My%20Own%20Summer%20-%20mix%202.mp3

Its My Own Summer!

Your newest version of this dude sounds pretty good, nice and clear man! I like it!
Last edited by muckypup at Dec 6, 2009,
Why did this get moved? I'm not asking for critique on the cover, but critiques on the production, which should be in the other forum.