First off, hi I'm new to the site.

Ok, so I've been saving up to buy a better guitar. I was talking to a few of my friends that also play and they recommended a few, mainly the Epiphone SG. I wanna know is this a good move or what? If not, could you tell me what would be a good one to buy?
personally i think for the money, fender strats the mexican made ones are really good. Epiphones are okay guitars and if you save up just a little bit more you could buy a gibson sg faded which are also good and definatly better then the epiphone ones
Budget?
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
I'm using a friend's Line 6, and I mostly play Rise Against and Disturbed kinda stuff (just starting out)
SG special faded guitars are excellent, as well as michael kelly guitars. I prefer the SG, but both are better than the epiphone SG.
Well with all the sales and stuff going on right now for Christmas I'd say you can get something better than an Epi SG. I saw some really nice Schecter's the other day with some major price cuts.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
If you're going to get an Epiphone then have a look on ebay and get a Korean made one. If possible get one that was made in the year 2000 or earlier. Vintage guitars are also surprisingly good for there money aswell. Another good make is Hamer, they do good quality guitars. They're probably you're best bets for an SG/Les Paul style guitar.
if you have that much money too spend definatly get either a Les Paul Studio faded or a SG faded both Gibsons. you could also look on craigslist and you could find really cheap stuff on there in good condition. I bought a Marshall JCM 800 half stack 50 watt for 1987 from there for only 500 bucks and it was in great condition took to the shop and everything was fine with it
Awesome, thanks for the tips everybody! I'll be sure to check this stuff out.