Hey guys, this should be easy enough to answer really. I have an orange rockerverb 30 watt head and an orange 4x12 cab. I've also just got an ampeg 8x6 cab too which i'd like to use with my orange cab at the same time. Is the rockerverb 30 head going to be strong enough to power both at the same time or would i need to upgrade my rockerverb head?

Cheers guys
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
ampeg 8x6? strange. I have an ooold 8x6 PA monitor thing
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Any amp that produces sound can power as many cabs as you can hook up to it (before the ohmage mismatches and the amp blows up).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
On topic: I guess that if you match the ohms it should do just fine, and you'll see if it'll be loud enough for you or not. Just remember about the ohms, I don't remember how exactly they should be set to not fry your amp, I guess that you can always send an e-mail to Orange and they'll help you.

Off topic: You've met Homme, you have an Orange rocker and a Gibson Silverburst LP, you effing bastard How does the Rocker do Kyuss-ish/Queen-ish stoner-ish (lots of -ish) stuff? Is it perfect for such tones? Does it sound reasonably well on bedroom levels? Same questions about AD30 - not too loud, good for stoner rock?

As you can tell, I might buy a new amp soon but I don't know which one to choose, gah.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Any amp that produces sound can power as many cabs as you can hook up to it (before the ohmage mismatches and the amp blows up).

This kind of limits you to four cabs usually.

I wonder though, you could theoretically make a circuit with the bar none lowest impedence and power maybe a 100 cabs with a single 100 watt head, but you would need ridiculously high fidelity cables.
cheers everyone, very helpful

haha yeah im a lucky mofo zombiak :P i'd always wanted an orange, their really good for qotsa sounding stuff. Josh uses ampeg amps/cabs, he used to use 8x10s in kyuss i believe which is how he gets that really low kick ass tone. Rocker is perfect for it really, onlyamps id rather have are probably matamp id say. Ampeg cabs are deffo way to go for qotsa kyuss sound though. The ad30 is amazing for cleans imo but it doesnt have a hell of lot of gain to it. it owns the rocker for cleans but i can get by with just the rocker mainly. Im hoping to get a higher watt head in the next year or so. gonna wait til my band is up on the go really.

Josh was a legend by the way , couldnt have been a nicer guy!
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

You could do it (if impedances matched) but keep in mind that there's gonna be something close to only a few watts going into each speaker (meaning those 60w v30's aren't going to be getting much juice)
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Damn thats a nice rig.

Sorry for stealing your thread but which do you prefer the rockerverb or AD30 (Mainly which has the best clean tone? The rocker I tried had sucky cleans but a real nice crunch), i keep changing my mind on amps and am thinking about going orange, but cant decide weather itd be worth forking out for the rockerverb because it has a loop + reverb with a lot more gain on tap.
haha funny you should say that cos thats two features i wish my rockerverb 30 had. Ive thought about upgrading so i can get that. The AD30 owns the rockerverb 30 for cleans u have eq for that channel of which you dont on the rockerverb 30s clean channel.

Depends what you really want out most from your amp , if cleans were more important to you you could easily overdrive the tubes on the gain channel if u wanted more gain on ad30. But in the long run i guess its worthwile spending a bit more to get exactly what you want in the first place!
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Oh wait, its the rocker you have, not the rockerverb (Don't mean to sound condescending or anything but the rockerverb and rocker are very different amps in terms of price and features.), i couldn't put up with the cleans on that amp, ive heard valve changes help alot. But still, no EQ, no effects loop, wth am i supposed to do to ad some life into it

Have you tried running reverb pedals at all straight into the amps? This is of course an option, but unless I drive the amp from pedals i'd imagine it'd sound sloppy on the dirty channel.

I've got a pretty heavy dirty box that i could use with the amp, but i'd like a nice natural crunch sound too.

Which is my next question, the rockers crunch or the ad30s, i'd guess the rocker has more gain, but what has more sex (For lack of a better term)?

It's not just a bit more though, the Rocker 30 head is £650, the AD30 head is £835, and the rockerverb is £1000. Thats a hell of a lot of months of food i'd be doing without .
Last edited by beckyjc at Dec 5, 2009,
lol i know how much they cost, i dont know how much you are willing to spend i was just saying its worth spending more in the first place than buying more later. its like buying a shitty behringer pedal or getting a good pedal lol buy once saves you more overall anyway...

for what i play the rockerverb30 does the trick for me, my ad30 is in need of a service atm so i havent used it in a while but yeha it deffo has a better gain channel, theres just not enough oomph in the ad's gain channel even if you drive it (imo)

to answer the reverb question, i use a reverb pedal. as you said theres no effects loop so its out front which sounds fine on clean as long as you get the right settings on but it doesnt sound good with the gain channel, really over powers it and it makes your notes kinda get lost in the shuffle, which is why id love an effects loop too!
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Haha, i stopped cheaping out on stuff awhile ago unless it was a great deal. But at any rate i'm still expecting a quality amp.

I'll start saving my pennies and hopefully with my 18th coming up i can get my parents to pay into it. The advantages of being young. Hopefully a good deal will come up on eBay.

Thanks for answering my questions. I should really get off my ass and go try them out.
haha yeah you got it down :P 18th birthdays are god sends :P thats how i got my orange cab/ad head, saved my pennys up for everything else though. took me 6 months to save for the gibson which was worth every penny. only just noticed your'e from wales too lol im from swansea :P
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Haha, it took me about 6 months to save up for my Laney VC30, only £300 at the time, so god knows how i'm going to pull off close to £1000 for the orange head. I'll probably trade my laney in for a cab though.

Ahh i'm not actually from wales, just forced to live here. I'm a scouser, unfortunately , i should just steal the head.
haha :P fair bears, cool yeah if theres something i want more its worth getting rid of something you have, at the end of the day if its better you wont miss what you got rid of lol epi had to go for the gibson , fair trade lol
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Deffinately, my laney isn't doing it for me anymore.

I remember how happy I was when I got it, it sounded amazing, then i stopped using the drive channel because it sounded a bit meh, now it just sounds alltogether crap, too bitey, not enough low end, now the cleans are starting to sound a bit flat to me, maybe it's just the JJ's i stuck in it a while ago when it broke, it also could be the fact the output transformer fried and had to be replaced, but i swear it used to have more jangle.

This is far from a cheap hobbie. Some kind of never satisfiable quest for tone, takes away from my time playing guitar, I blame the internet. If it wasn't for the internet i'd probably be satisfied with an MG and a BOSS DS1 instead of all these youtube videos of incredible amps making mine sound bad .
haha yeah , im always on the never ending tone quest too, my bassist needs an ampeg svt fo sho, I hate marshalls personally, i think the really rare ones can be cool but its still a marshall at the end of the day, their so boring. Saying that as much as i love orange , their more popular than when i got mine originally. Its much more fun having stuff thats not easily found. Harder for people to copy you then. Ideally i'll have a custom made matamp head one day lol check em out if you havent heard of them
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

I don't dig marshalls much, deffinately not the MG or any of there other lower end stuff (DSL401, yuck), paying too much for the name methinks, of course that can be said about most stuff. Wouldnt say no if someone gave me one for free, just wouldn't save my pennies for it, as you said, it's too much of a common sound.

The orange crunch just has so much more character.

Yeah i've heard of matamp, they're more of a "maybe one day when i'm a millionaire living in a mansion made of the queens tears and bill gates' hair" kind of amp.
haha their not THAT far out of reach, you can get one for £600 i think check their site out, you can have one completely coustom built, snakeskin n' all if you like that kinda thing haha, id stick to just having it black or orange i think lol
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

one extra question about this guys, should have mentioned it beofre really, my head has 8ohm and 16ohm outputs but the ampeg cab is 4ohm, does that mean i shouldnt do it? =/
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Quote by qotsakyuss
one extra question about this guys, should have mentioned it beofre really, my head has 8ohm and 16ohm outputs but the ampeg cab is 4ohm, does that mean i shouldnt do it? =/

yes, that does mean you shouldn't do it. always cab ohms > amp ohms
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.