Sorry to post another question about ohms and watts but I just don't understand how they work exactly.
My question is if the head is 200W at 4 ohms and the cabinet is 400w at 8 ohms what will the actual output be?

Thanks.
Your head should have 2 different outputs for power, one for 8 ohms, and one for 4 ohms.
I know on my head it's right by the output it has a little bit of writing that tells me the different watts to ohms.

My set up for example is
Head-
180 Watts at 4 ohms
100 Watts at 8 ohms

my cabinet is rated at 250 watts at 8 ohms.

So I will only put out 100 watts of sound, but my cabinet is capable of handling 250 watts of power.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Quote by CombatRock

My question is if the head is 200W at 4 ohms and the cabinet is 400w at 8 ohms what will the actual output be?

You don't usually need to worry about the power handling of the cab. The only way you'd have trouble was if your head put out more than the cab could handle, AT the number of ohms the CAB HAS. if that makes sense. But that's a digression.

you'll get about 100-140 watts, I'd say.
Well I appreciate the help guys but I suppose I should have gotten right down to it at the start. Their is a chance I will be doing some small gigs in the near feature and I have considered purchasing a new amp as I have been having trouble hearing myself with my 70 watt combo amp against two 125 watt guitar amps. Given my budget I was looking at the Acoustic B200H head with either their 1x15 or 4x10 cabinet. I tried them a few times now and was impressed with the rig.

So to cut to the chase would this type of set up be worthwhile to get more volume and power or am I not going to notice much difference from my current 70 watt amp?
The acoustic is very highly rated by many people in this forum. 200W is enough coupled with a decent speaker. You might want to look at another article Making it Loud in the columns.
I think you'll notice. I noticed when I went from my 35 watt combo [against my guitarists Peavey 5150 combo [60 watts]] to the my new Behringer BRX1800H [100 watts @ 8 ohms].
I used to have to crank my amp almost all the way, or at least over half way just to match him... on 3. I'm on 5 -7 and he's on 3. Now I can just turn up to 3 and over power him. But yes you should be okay when facing off with those 2 guitar amps.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
The 410 will be louder than the 115, because it pushes more air. That's a factor you have to consider as well. I think that'll be enough power. You can always add the 115 for cheap later, if you need to.