For xmas, i want a digitar delay pedal... i want to stay away from analog .. i want to have a sound that can simulate analog, and have a bit more options to tweak... like pink floyd / eric johnson type of sound...analog pedals do fizz a little, and i dont want that, i and clear delays...

so my doubt here is DD20 from boss or DL4 from line 6... i've heard that DL4 is better, but the DD20 dont screw your sound, since i'm using a VOX ac30, i dont want my sound to be ruined...

what do you guys think? ill be testing the DL4 and the D20 tomorrow and ill remeber your opinios!
the BEST? How much money do you have to blow?
I'd say the Empress Super Delay has got to be one of the best.
Between either the DD20 and the Line 6 DL4 DEFINITELY get the DL4.
Way more options, more versatile, sounds better etc.
The dl4 is also true bypass where the dd20 isn't, so I dunno who told you
that the dl4 would 'screw with your tone' but they had it backwards.

EDIT: Also try the TC Electronics Nova Delay pedal as it's in the same price range as the DD20 and DL4
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Last edited by Faux~Affliction at Dec 5, 2009,
Nope.
They're all horrible.

EDIT: also, analog is superior to digital.
Last edited by RenKaiya at Dec 5, 2009,
I would say that the best ones are the following:
Empress Superdelay
Eventide Timefactor
Line6 DL4
I also love my EHX SMM/H because it does some things that other delays can't do. Give that one a shot too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
the DL4 by line 6 is pretty sweet.
You just LOST the game >: P

After years of extensive research at Yale, it is determined that the game does not, in fact, exist.
Last edited by Chessman.exe at Dec 5, 2009,
LOL analog is better than digital? why ?

for me, when it comes to delays, digital all the way. you cant get that clear delay type of sound with an analog delay, and if that fact consumes you, see david gilmour with a digital delay, eric johnson, the cure guitarrist, etc etc...

too bad i live in portugal and cant try the empress super delay out... i think i will stic with the DL4 or the DD20, the envetide and TC nova are 2 expensive for me!
Eventide or TC... Could have a look at something like an Earthquaker Disaster Transport or Empress Super Delay if you want, but I dig the Eventide and TC out of the digitals. Dont compare digital and analog, they have different purposes in music and thus it cannot be said that one is better than the other.

Out of those DL4
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Lcrbsr
LOL analog is better than digital? why ?

Analog is warmer than digital, if analog delay was useless (wich is what you seem to be thinking) there wouldn't be 1000$+ analog delays on the market. I'm not sayin' one or the other is better, I'm sayin' that both have their uses and it's to the buyer to decide wich one is better
i dont say that analog is better than digital neither digital is better than analog...

my whole rig is very purist, i play a Vox AC30, a ibanez TS9, a wha and nothing more... but when it comes to delay i think evolution has nailed it...

i've had an memory boy, it was my first delay and i've sold it cuz i could not get a clear sound out of it... had a memory man, that thing is really huge, but i've kind of get used to the sound of it...sold it

i think DL4 is the way to go, the TC.. Too much ledz and thinks
I'm planning to get a TC electronic Nova Repeater. It's got some really cool features, including a tap tempo that lets you strum the time you want instead of tap it. It also has a very clear display, and a few different delay types. It has the ability to have two delays at the same time, as well as it having stereo functionality for a nice ping-pong effect.

All of that for like £120. Can't beat it, I don't think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftFBHO3bUU
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by RenKaiya
Nope.
They're all horrible.

EDIT: also, analog is superior to digital.

no No NO NO n00b.

Actually fill your brains with something other than nonsense and bandwagoning before dispensing "advice". All you're doing is misleading others.

Quote by Sguit
Analog is warmer than digital, if analog delay was useless (wich is what you seem to be thinking) there wouldn't be 1000$+ analog delays on the market. I'm not sayin' one or the other is better, I'm sayin' that both have their uses and it's to the buyer to decide wich one is better

This is the truth.

Analog is not better than digital.

and

Digital is not better than analog.

They both have their uses and applications which are different.

The Timefactor, DL4, Super Delay are all great pedals.

In fact the Boss digital delays are pretty awesome too. especially the DD7 and the DD20. Don't take the Boss bandwagon hate as teh bible truth.

Also you should consider the Pigtronix Echolution as well.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.