Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Tokai are a great brand for the price!

You're not paying for the name is why they're cheaper.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Gibson sued them once. So they see them as a threat, especially since they look exactly like Gibsons except with Tokai on the headstock
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Well, that one's made of Agathis instead of Mahogany, it's got a maple neck instead of mahogany, and you're not paying for the gibson name (it's not called a Les Paul).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Is it a good one? I'm thinking of maybe getting a better Les Paul for Christmas maybe, and that one definitely looks great and has awesome reviews. What do you think, does the agathis body and maple neck let it down?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
For that price range it's okay, but their better models are more worth it. Also please don't make 8 threads on buying a guitar like you did with amps

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

It won't sound like an LP - it'll only sound like an LP if you have a mahogany back with a 3/4" maple top and a mahogany set neck. Look into Vintage guitars (the brand is Vintage), they're very nice for the price.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Is it a good one? I'm thinking of maybe getting a better Les Paul for Christmas maybe, and that one definitely looks great and has awesome reviews. What do you think, does the agathis body and maple neck let it down?

Tokai's are very reliable. So if you want a guitar & are on a budget you can get it. but I'm sure there are are Epiphone Les Pauls for about the same price if you want the usual material and whatnot.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.