Hey People -

Do any of you know what makes a sky rocket effect for electric guitar?

You can hear it on Jane's Addiction Mountain Song off Kettle Whistle or more notably Welcome to the Jungle.

It sounds like a really high extremely bright (not loud) ascending (and repeating) tone which reaches a peak then decends while fading and spreading out.

Damn how else can I describe it?

Later
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
Give us a timestamp from Welcome to the Jungle so we can hear it.
guitar
amp

some pedals
I think what you're talking about is a slide going beyond the bridge on the neck and over the pickups... Playing that aggressively with some amp distortion will give you that sound. Playing it with a clean amp and non-aggressively will give you the "chirping" sound that you hear in Free Bird.
Sounds sort of like natural harmonics to me.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by talibanjo
I think what you're talking about is a slide going beyond the bridge on the neck and over the pickups... Playing that aggressively with some amp distortion will give you that sound. Playing it with a clean amp and non-aggressively will give you the "chirping" sound that you hear in Free Bird.

Yea - I saw the guitarist from DMB doing a slide way down off the neck toward the bridge on HDNet concert about two weeks ago. It was pretty cool.

I thought it was some sort of pedal but after the feedback here I'm thinking it's a slide.

Cheers
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”