Alrighty, I'm planning to buy one of the GFS guitar kits to build with my brother while he is on his break from school.

This one: http://store.guitarfetish.com/somasgkicowi.html

I am going to swap the pickups and all the crap that it comes with, but I have one question... Would it be possible to install one of the trems from that site onto it? I have done some research, and appearently SG's are too thin to install most trems.

Just wondering if any of you guys knew a trem from that site that would be possible to fit on there. I can route so that is not a problem, and cheap, so I don't want to spend $350 on a Kahler or the like.

Sank You.
name your threads appropriately. ambiguous useless titles like this are warnable. they are exceedingly annoying and make it harder to tell what the thread is actually about.
Quote by end_citizen
http://store.guitarfetish.com/vistsumowhba.html

That's the only one I can guarantee won't give you trouble. The kit doesn't give dimensions, so there's no telling what you could use.

That thing looks like crap in the picture. It will probably look 10x worse for real.

I guess I'll email GFS for the dimensions of both the kit, and some of their trems. Are trems all a standard size? Or do some differ?

And sorry Jim. I don't use forums often, so I am not aware of the rules and crap, and I don't want to waste my time reading them. But now I know.
Well thanks for the suggestion, but I probably won't. I'm one of those people that learn by actually doing something. Not one of the visual learning types.

OK, anyway, I've decided I'm am going to get a Bigsby. Not sure what model/series yet, I'll worry about that later.

One final dumb question... are volume and tone pots the same thing? Like... is it just the wiring that makes them work differently? Or do I need to buy a set of each?
Thank you sir.

Funny thing actually... your sig is the exact same as my desktop.

Edit: Without that hat though.
Last edited by GymboJones at Dec 6, 2009,
I've changed my mind about the kit. I am going to mod my brothers current Epi SG with him. It would save a good chunk of money. $55 shipping is just too much for me.

If this project turns out any good I may post pics of it. Not here though, Jimmy wouldn't like that.
Quote by GymboJones
If this project turns out any good I may post pics of it. Not here though, Jimmy wouldn't like that.

What's that supposed to mean? I don't care if you post pics in here.
Well sir, you gave me a warning because I didn't put a proper title. I was afraid it was bad to post pics in a topic that does not have a proper title too.
You know, taunting a Mod is just a bad idea.

Also, on the Epi plan. Doing the same thing myself.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
You know, taunting a Mod is just a bad idea.

I doubt he cares.

Titles like this have always been against the rules. Apparently nobody but me has the balls to enforce it. You're really getting on my nerves. If you're too lazy to follow some simple rules and take 4 minutes of your life to read them, then I'm too lazy to help you. good luck with the project.
I'm just messing with you silly. I did not mean to get on your nerves or anything. Maybe you should try not to be so sensitive? Shoot I'm doing it again. Maybe I should stop wondering why I tick people off on forums... I'm just being myself. If you were talking to my face you would realize I am being sarcastic 99% of the time. This is not included...

Anyway, you can delete this topic if you'd like. I've got the info I needed, so you shouldn't be seeing me for a month or two. Unless I run into some major problems during this build I'm doing.

So later, I look forward to talking to you again soon Jimmy.
For the record, you can delete the thread yourself by deleting the original post via the Edit button.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.