So my teacher in conjunction with his Luthier has begun to make some more guitars under his music company, Riff Rat. (Hs nickname is Ratso, hence the name.) So I ordered a new guitar from him and got it today. Specs were swamp ash, hollowed out cavity so I could swap out pickups and upgrade/change later, Lindy Fralin Blues Specials overwound for him (same spec's as Jeff Becks), beautiful ebony neck (little hard to see the grain in the pictures, but pretty awesome in person), Sperzel locking tuners, sparkle see thru red with matching head stock, upgraded 250k Pots. Hard to see but there are small changes too like the carved out back to better get my hands to the high frets, moved the jack output, radius customized for better bending. etc.

The best thing about the guitar (other than the sound) is it weighs 6.5 lbs. Next to my Gibson R9, this thing feels like a feather in my hands.

Hope you enjoy the pics:

1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
HNGD

Looks pretty nice, but personally I would've gone with a plain white pickguard, just me though
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I came.
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
nice, HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by JAHellraiser
HNGD

Looks pretty nice, but personally I would've gone with a plain white pickguard, just me though

You would need to see it up close.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
oh boy, do want

HNGD
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Pretty nice, but the headstock logo makes it look a bit cheap.!

Not my favorite logo but I look the matching headstock color.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
I like the logo AND the pickguard. So nyeh.

HNGD! fantastic instrument.
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
The wood looks great, as does the body. Logo is lackluster, I agree, though. Tell them they should consider a design change.

Not even the actual picture so much as the lettering. Most guitar companies have their own sort of fancy lettering.
Not my style at all, but it looks like a nice bit of kit. I'm sure the pups sound amazing and it plays beautifully though.

One thing that I think though, is that every Strat should have a skunk stripe on the neck. No idea why, but I need one to feel happy with it haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
One thing that I think though, is that every Strat should have a skunk stripe on the neck. No idea why, but I need one to feel happy with it haha.

Agreed--should have thought of that!
1999 Gibson LP R9
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by jcoley2
So my teacher in conjunction with his Luthier has begun to make some more guitars under his music company, Riff Rat. (Hs nickname is Ratso, hence the name.) So I ordered a new guitar from him and got it today. Specs were swamp ash, hollowed out cavity so I could swap out pickups and upgrade/change later, Lindy Fralin Blues Specials overwound for him (same spec's as Jeff Becks), beautiful ebony neck (little hard to see the grain in the pictures, but pretty awesome in person), Sperzel locking tuners, sparkle see thru red with matching head stock, upgraded 250k Pots. Hard to see but there are small changes too like the carved out back to better get my hands to the high frets, moved the jack output, radius customized for better bending. etc.

The best thing about the guitar (other than the sound) is it weighs 6.5 lbs. Next to my Gibson R9, this thing feels like a feather in my hands.

Hope you enjoy the pics:

**PICS**

You mean whats also called a swimming pool route? If so, then eeeeehhh no thanks. Looks cool otherwise just not my type.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I'm not diggin the painted head or lack of skunk stripe, but I LOVE that finish!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Did he charge you for that or did you get that thing for free? I like the paint job it's pretty. Congrats!

I hope you are joking--the paint job is awesome.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue