So my set up is RG> Tuner pedal > Wah pedal > DD6. I'm running one output of the DD6 into a Windsor, into a B52 ST412 in stereo. The other output is going into an Engl Fireball into the other stereo jack of the B52. There is HORRIBLE feedback. What do I need to do to get the feedback to stop. It's the kind of feedback that is always present even when playing. Thanks!
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I'm confused a bit

guitar > pedals > Windsor and B52?

So what is feeding the Fireball and why is it looped back into the B52

can you draw this out?

anyway, I suspect a microphonic preamp tube in one of these amps, especially if it has never happened before.....
From what i see, it's:

Pedals -> Windsor/ENGL -> both into b52 cab.

i.e. 311ZOSOVHJH: both heads are running into 2 speakers each, of a 412 cab.

TS: is there feedback when your guitar volume is all the way down? or when both amps are on clean/all pedals are off?
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Last edited by Ratfish at Dec 6, 2009,
I don't have the pedals on normally. The Windsor creates a sort of low hum, and the Engl creates an ear piercing high note. The feedback appears right when I start turning the master volume up on the amps. I'm thinking I just need an ABY box, since the delay pedal would technically mixing the signals, right?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Here's a picture to help understand what's going on.

The cab is 2x8 ohms and I made sure both heads were set to 8ohms.

That should be fine? Unless its a microphonic tube, maybe its just time to get that super-fun noise gate you have always wanted...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I'll try replacing the tubes in the Windsor. It's been about 2 and a half years since they've been touched. lol

Developement: When running two different cabs, there is no feedback at all, through either amp.

I'll replace the Windsor tubes and check the wiring. Thanks guys!

Quote by SimplyBen
Perhaps one side of the cab's stereo connection isn't wired properly?

This is the first thing I though of when I read the problem...especially since the problem disappears when you using two different cabinets.
It's a brand new cab, but I'll look still.

if the ear-piercing high squeel is coming from the Engl, that's where you should look for microphonics, in the preamp (not that your windsor isn't also in need of new power tubes after nearly 3 years). atually, there's an easy way to isolate it: check to see if it's on all channels. if so = power tube fault. if not, find out what channel uses that particular preamp tube. does the microphonic squeel get louder or "more aggressive" with an increase in master or channel volume? tests like this will point you towards the right answer.

could also be bad wiring in the cab... nothing i've said rules that out... just seems like a tube issue to me (except how it goes away when you use two cabs... that's strange).
The Windsor creates the low feedback no matter what input I use, etc. The gain on both amps is only set at like 8 o'clock. The feedback starts once I hit about 8:30 on the Master Volume (neither of my amps have channel volumes), it only does the squealing on the Engl if it's on the "ultra gain" channel, or if the gain is at about 1 o'clock on the clean channel. But even if I fix that, the Windsor will still make the low feedback.

And yes, the feedback is LOUDER than the guitar coming through it, and it just gets louder as the volume goes up.

Also, the Engl has little green LEDs on the front panel that switch on if a power tube goes out, and they are not on.

Last edited by Unskathed at Dec 7, 2009,