so i'm getting a basic midi controller for the holidays and i have a couple questions. it doesnt have to be top quality by any means budget is 100 us $. is this good?

http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-KeyRig-49-USB-Keyboard?sku=700932

if not could you reccomend any others in the price range? also i use a digitech rp 350, is there anyway i could use that to replace getting a midi box thing? also is one necessary for a usb board?

i have asio drivers so idk if i would need it as i also have fl studio which is what im using this for. any and all feedback appreciated!
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

That would be a good midi keyboard for short term use. In the long run, I'd go with a higher (price) range M-Audio, Yamaha, or Alesis... But that's just my opinion.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
well idk how long this is gonna last im lookin for short term not for live play
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Then it should be fine.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
The keyrig is alright, but It lacks MIDI I/O's (Just USB) and has very few controls other than the keys themselves, which got annoying for me. If you're using it for the most basic of basic stuff, it's great.
Yeah, it's pretty basic. This would be suitable for making most electronic music and basic synth padding, but if you wanna do more complex keyboard stuff it's not much use.
🙈 🙉 🙊
^^It's got a decent amount of octaves, it's got MIDI in which is a plus, it's pretty OK.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I have one of these and it works very well for me. I just use it to make music in logic... My band uses them live, too. Obviously there are no on-board sounds, so you need logic, reason, garageband, or other programs to play... If you want to hear some examples, you can check out either my band or my personal music (links in sig). Hope this helps!
^The keyrig is touch sensitive, too... The only real difference between that and the keystation (besides more octaves) is that the keystation feels more like a real piano... It has weighted keys, so they are a little harder to press down than the keyboard like a real piano... What exactly are you going to be using this keyboard for?