Or i guess my question is, can I keep it fairly quiet? Everyone seems to like these amps and I really want one. I play mostly metal but I live in a dorm and apartment next year. Is it going to be too loud or will I be able to keep it down?
It has a master volume, so you can obviously keep it quiet.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
no tube amp is gonna be soft enough that you can keep it at like 4, but go and try it out at the store, if it sounds good there, it'll sound good in your room
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
yes when it's cranked it's 60watts of tube power but the master volume will take care of that or an attenuator will
Too loud.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
You do not need an attentuator, stop listening to UG. Attentuators are used to push the power section of the amp which is not desirable for metal and thus an amp like a 6505 which is all about driving the preamp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
You can keep it quiet, but it'll sound like shit and be very muddy.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
I own this amp. It does not sound as good quiet as it does loud. It sounds really d@mn good around 4 and above, which is pretty loud. Don't get it until you can crank it.
If you are strictly using it for practice in your dorm/apartment, I might look elsewhere. However, just go to a store and judge for yourself.
Hey guys, i heard this weird rumour that they've got a some new fangled device called a 'master volume control' on them.. Apparently it means you can make them amp really loud and then turn it down so its almost unhearable! Modern technology eh... i bet they'll put those on HI FI systems soon too!
lol tube amps with headphone jack is like a ferrari with a babychair ... never

the amp is really really really loud, but if you like it, who cares? crank that mothaf.ka when you can, play soft when you cant crank it
I've got the head and a 4X12 that I sometimes keep in my apartment when it's not in the jam spot and yes, you could play it somewhat quietly. Don't expect the very best tone out of it at that level of volume, but if you are just messing around with it, it should be okay. Plus it would be useful to have if you decide in the future to jam with other musicians without having to go out and buy a new amp. Again, it won't sound as full or as crisp as it should, but it'll get you by, plus I'm sure you'll be able to turn it up soemtimes, which will make it even sweeter to have around.

My two cents.
Im getting it too for bedroom playing and jamming.i hope i will get a nice "quiet" tone out of it !if i pull on a distortion pedal,will it get the tone more quiet?
If you run a distortion pedal through it, it will be a waste of money. Whats the point of buying a metal monster when you run a crappy peal through it?

Dr Pain nailed it right on the head. Ignore UG, alot of people don't realize that an attentuator for a metal amp is a bad idea. Did you ever wonder why most metal amps are very high wattage like 120w? Its because we want headroom, the more wattage the more headroom. We don't want power tube saturation which is what you get a high volumes.

Get the amp, it will sound fine at lower volumes, it will sound better once it gets a little loud but not bad a lower volumes.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
You do not need an attentuator, stop listening to UG. Attentuators are used to push the power section of the amp which is not desirable for metal and thus an amp like a 6505 which is all about driving the preamp.

we have a winner. This guy is giving the best advice in the thead TS. Listen to the man.
Like I said before...I own this amp. I don't know how it compares to the heads but the combo does not d
Sound that good at lower volume. It just doesn't. Sounds thin and fizzy with the stock speaker. With my 2x12 it's better but still not great
GuitarDTO,can you write a little review of the amp?i buying it tomorrow and i want to know what exactly to expect cuz i didnt tryed it yet.i like the sound of the head version so i guess the combo will sound close.the 6505+ combo of course
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

This, this, this, and this.

Twice.

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

Thank GOD one person is smart here. *sigh* An attenuator for the 6505+ 1X12??? That's totally laughable. I have played this amp and it can do FINE in the bedroom. It can also get stupid loud pretty fast too.
+1 to the above. Shit, I have the 6505+ head (120W) running through a 2x12 cab and it sounds just fine at bedroom volumes, for tight metal tones, even without a boost.

This is all with the preamp at 5-6 and the post amp (master volume) at about 1. Some people need to get off the goddamn bandwagon.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by davor2705
Im getting it too for bedroom playing and jamming.i hope i will get a nice "quiet" tone out of it !if i pull on a distortion pedal,will it get the tone more quiet?

Lolstack for you, sir!

Anyways, what everyone else says. I played the 6505+ stack at GC and played it at whisper quiet volume since it seems that most people say "oh noez, 6505 sounds liek poo at t3h luw vomes!!!1!"

It sounded fine. As long as you don't sc00p t3h midz for the ULTIMATE in brootal tone, of course.