Yes, why?

I don't think he's plays as technically as Petrucci at most times, but for speed and accuracy, he's technically very accurate, and does do advanced techniques with astounding speed, accuracy and cleanliness.
I don't see why not.

1) He plays the guitar
2) He plays the guitar with great technique

Just because he doesn't shred hard all the time doesn't mean he's not a "technical" player. Even Malmsteen had his slow melodic moments.
yes. what kind of question is that?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Ofcourse!
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
He's not Jarzombek technical, but he's somewhere a few feet below that.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
Well he was taught by the master.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Buckethead is definitely technical in his field. Really, killswitching takes good form to sound good (trust me, I wore the crap out of my toggle switch getting my tone right).
Quote by ulmarz485
in the league of guys like petrucci and malmsteen in that respect?

i find it more to technical to create a story with feel, mood and expression with as LITTLE notes as possible..
He'll never beat Petrucci until he can time-warp and/or control the Earth's revolution with his pickups. Never, do you hear me? NEVER!!!
Quote by brutalmania
i find it more to technical to create a story with feel, mood and expression with as LITTLE notes as possible..

+1000

hes a better shredder then petrucci aswell...some of his runs are just mind boggling

and please no-one refer to Jordan...thats an overrated song
Yes, absolutely.

/thread
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Of course he's a technical player.

While I enjoy listening to the likes of Petrucci and Loomis more than him,he's without a doubt a technically brilliant and masterful guitarist with a unique stage persona.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i'd say technically there are few people who can match buckethead. some of the stuff he does is mind boggling, also he doesn't stick to conventional use of idea's. he likes to do things that are 'out of the box'.

i'd say while it is POSSIBLE that yngwie and petrucci are FASTER, i don't see them as being as technical as buckethead in his use of unconventional idea's.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...