At uni I'm doing a design project on travel/portable guitars and need to do justify some of the choices we've made with some research, so could you take 30 seconds to fill out this survey please and help me out big time.

THE SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED, THANKS GUYS

much appreciated.

Please feel free to post if you've filled it out so i can be grateful to you personally
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Last edited by samuwel at Dec 8, 2009,
Fill'd
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Cheers guys, any more responses would be much appreciated
FOR SALE:

Offers/Trades anyone?
Done
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
done
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Thanks to all who filled it in. You all gave the right answers too

Surveys closed now. Love you guys.
FOR SALE:

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by samuwel
Thanks to all who filled it in. You all gave the right answers too

Surveys closed now. Love you guys.

If I can say one thing. I also wrote it in the comments section of the survey, but you really should avoid building a guitar that collapses when not being used. You'll risk bending and creasing the strings, or it will require new strings every time a customer intends to use it. And despite how strong it may be, having a guitar that can fold and compact itself will seriously take away from any tone or structural integrity that the guitar may have.
Filled in like a donut.

EDIT: Welp, didn't see that it was closed. Whatevs.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

If I can say one thing. I also wrote it in the comments section of the survey, but you really should avoid building a guitar that collapses when not being used. You'll risk bending and creasing the strings, or it will require new strings every time a customer intends to use it. And despite how strong it may be, having a guitar that can fold and compact itself will seriously take away from any tone or structural integrity that the guitar may have.

Cheers for that, we're a team of engineering students and have got some ingenious ways round the problems you're mentioning.

tone won't be an issue for us in this design, we intend for most of the sound to come from amp modelling etc.
FOR SALE:

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by samuwel
Cheers for that, we're a team of engineering students and have got some ingenious ways round the problems you're mentioning.

tone won't be an issue for us in this design, we intend for most of the sound to come from amp modelling etc.

I would love to see these ingenious ideas. Really, it'd be interesting to see how you make it work.

Even if the sound is through an amp, the tone of the guitar itself will affect the sound.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I would love to see these ingenious ideas. Really, it'd be interesting to see how you make it work.

Even if the sound is through an amp, the tone of the guitar itself will affect the sound.

Well first and foremost in the design specification, this is meant to be a practice aid for the travelling businessman, in a similar way that those Shred Necks don't make the correct pitch, this doesn't have to sound amazing, just a decent likeness of what the sound that would be if you were playing it on your guitar at home.

Feel of the neck and string tension is going to be the most important factor (which is the main thing that we wanted to show with the survey), followed by portability, then realistic sound, then looks is a minor consideration.

One of the solutions for the strings bending and kinkng during folding is a removable reel type arrangement with the strings on it. I don't want to go into too much detail, as this could well be a patentable and marketable idea.
FOR SALE:

Offers/Trades anyone?
Filled it in...then saw it was closed.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff