After a couple years playing, I feel it's time to get a new guitar.
I started out with an Ibanez GIO starter kit guitar, that came with a Ibanez GTP10 amp, which I still use.
My second guitar was an Ibanez RG350DX, but it turned out to be a complete pile of s**t (it had a faulty licensed floyd in it, was missing the key on the B saddle, and it was never inotated or set up properly.) and I've tried numerous times at different places to get it reparied, but it never comes back fully fixed. Now it's barely touched, sits in it's case in a closet.. Terrible waste of 400 ): Oh well.
Third guitar I bought was an extreme downgrade, an Epiphone Special SG, which has become my main guitar. I bought simply because it was cheap and effective. 150 bucks. Only guitar I use frequently.
Fourth guitar was an Ibanez Artcore, an AGS73B, which is a extremely nice semi-hollow electric. It's tone is amazing, but I only use it when I'm playing anything with a less-metal feel, like older rock and even stuff like Fleetwood Mac. The pickups work great with cleans, but even with distortion they come through with amazing clarity. The only reason it's not my main guitar is because I play metal.
I also own an Ibanez exotic wood acoustic, which is another amazing quality guitar.

Onto the reason I'm posting, I want a new electric guitar that will suit my needs.
I have a budget of around 200-400 US dollars i'd say, and I play metal for the most part.
Some guitars i've been looking at are: Schecter Damien-6 (or even possibly a 7, haven't decided), ESP Ltd Viper-200FM, and a Dean Razorback DB.
I just want a decent quality metal based guitar. Active pickups would be nice, but the pickups i've played on the Schecter Damien are passive Emg HZ, and those sounded just as nice for heavy metal.

Examples of what I play: Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, Metallica, Lamb of God, White Chapel, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Dethklok, Mastodon.. Etc. you get the picture.

need good advice on what I should look into. Don't forget budget is relatively low, can't really go much higher than around $400 US.
Your best choice is Schecter. its like those things breathe metal, based on your bands it has the sound that fits close to these bands. Very versatile.

the Schecter C-1 is on sale here for $419 Schecter c-1

there is also a floyd rose version in black for an extra thirty.

EDIT: found the C-1 cheaper on amazon for $335 Schecter on amazon
and Floyd rose for $399
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Dec 5, 2009,
Definitely look in on getting a Schecter Damien 6 FR. My friend has the Omen series and it still rocks without the EMGs and FR (Floyd Rose) tremolo. I'm actually looking into one myself. You should try it out!
i have an ibanez rgr121exfm and i think its less than $400 now? I paid $412 at a warehouse clearout sale but the list price was around $800, now im not sure how much they cost
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Most people I've talked to said the Schecter Damien is a good way to go.
And it happens to be the one I've liked the most playing as well.
The pickups are amazing, and the guitar itself is high quality. The only thing I don't like is the bolt-on neck, but oh well.

On the note of the FR version, I change tunings far too often for a Floyd. I go anywhere from Standard all the way to Drop A. A FR is too restricting to me.
Hopefully I get the Schecter Damien-6 then ^.^
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Your best choice is Schecter. its like those things breathe metal, based on your bands it has the sound that fits close to these bands. Very versatile.

the Schecter C-1 is on sale here for $419 Schecter c-1

there is also a floyd rose version in black for an extra thirty.

EDIT: found the C-1 cheaper on amazon for $335 Schecter on amazon
and Floyd rose for $399

Thanks for the sites. C1 seems pretty sick and at 335 that's an awesome price.
Thanks
Quote by TheAbsentOne
On the note of the FR version, I change tunings far too often for a Floyd. I go anywhere from Standard all the way to Drop A. A FR is too restricting to me.
Hopefully I get the Schecter Damien-6 then ^.^

Nice drop A. well w/o the floyd that opens options a bit more.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Quote by TheAbsentOne
Thanks for the sites. C1 seems pretty sick and at 335 that's an awesome price.
Thanks

You are welcome mate. view sig please

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Check out my other post. It leads into me getting a better amp, lol.
Trust me I thought of getting a new amp before a new guitar..
My other post
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Dec 5, 2009,