I first posted a thread here a week ago with a song, and got some awesome responses. I took them to heart, and I re-recorded the song today (with a better recorder).

So, how much have I improved?

and what can I work on?

thanks in advance

songs are on profile:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/fearofthemark/

EDIT: Also, I looked at other threads here about it, but none of them had a really good answer. How do I sing with a raspy, rough voice like this? (Seether)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2nqcN3EGg

EDIT EDIT: the vocals for the last chorus disappeared for some reason. Meh, the beginning still works
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Dec 5, 2009,
For the Seether thing, use your throat to distort it in that way, i cant explain how to do that...
Quote by Burgery
For the Seether thing, use your throat to distort it in that way, i cant explain how to do that...

Can you do it yourself?

I've tried that "do the grudge noise, and push with you diaphragm" thing. I do the grudge noise fine, then I push, and it just sounds like I'm taking a shit.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Burgery
use your throat
This just makes me cringe. NEVER sing from your throat. Strain on your throat is bad no matter what. I know he doesn't mean "strain your throat in order to make it harsher," but just keep in mind that when you sing harder, you should put no more stress on your throat than you would anyway.

Actually, there should be no stress at all ever. All of your resonance should come from the cavities in your head, and your hard palate, and never be forced from your throat.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
dude you got worse, sounds like a cat in a blender!

jk, you sound a lot better. and why does your profile say you're a female?
Quote by The4thHorsemen
dude you got worse, sounds like a cat in a blender!

jk, you sound a lot better. and why does your profile say you're a female?

haha, thanks

it does?

*takes a peek at the goods*

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I'll listen in the morning when I'm near my speakers, but the first thing that pops into my mind is this....

Let me reword your question slightly and see what you think.

"I posted a clip of me playing guitar a week ago. I've been practicing a lot this week. Have I improved a lot?"

Well.... how much would you expect to improve in a week?

Like guitar, singing rarely involves a "flicking the switch to on" kind of adjustment, resulting in the room being suddenly flooded with light. A week is just SO little time.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
I'll listen in the morning when I'm near my speakers, but the first thing that pops into my mind is this....

Let me reword your question slightly and see what you think.

"I posted a clip of me playing guitar a week ago. I've been practicing a lot this week. Have I improved a lot?"

Well.... how much would you expect to improve in a week?

Like guitar, singing rarely involves a "flicking the switch to on" kind of adjustment, resulting in the room being suddenly flooded with light. A week is just SO little time.

CT

I completely agree with you.

However, if I didn't think I improved at all, I wouldn't have made this thread. I didn't expect to improve all too much, but when I listened to the two recordings side-by-side, I thought "this is a lot better than the the old one!". Thanks for checking it out, and sorry for wasting your time if its just my ear being retarded. Maybe its just the recording quality
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Last edited by fearofthemark at Dec 6, 2009,