Hey there!

I need some help on my first proper acoustic guitar!

I'm mostly looking for a good tone, but an electro-acoustic would be a nice feature for gigs. I'm playing mostly mellow chordy stuff, and a little bit of slide guitar.

My budget is around £200, any help on reccomendations would be appreciated x
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Check out some Takamines. Yamahahas aren't bad either, depending upon the ones you look at. I'm not sure, but you may want to look at Seagull Guitars too - unsure of their availability in the UK though.
Quote by phat104u
Check out some Takamines. Yamahahas aren't bad either, depending upon the ones you look at. I'm not sure, but you may want to look at Seagull Guitars too - unsure of their availability in the UK though.

Is there a Takamine series or model i should look out for? they look pretty good quality atm.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Not really. Just check out Musician's Friend, and find one that looks good to you within your price range. You can't really go wrong with a Tak. Do keep in mind that Taks are known for having high actions stock - generally you can remove a shim from under the saddle to lower it; in my case, this was not enough and I ended up shaping my own blank saddle, and replacing the pickup with a Fishman. I'm just saying, research what you're buying before you buy!
For about £200 you should be able to get a decent enough electro acoustic.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-apx-500/69469

The above is a link to a Yamaha APX 500. If you go to the shop and give one a play it will give you a good guide to what you can get for the money. Then just try out anything you can find in your price range. Try out different sizes and makes until you find the right one.

Good luck