I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not but i need help! I'm in a band with my 3 best friends. We have a lead guitarist a rythem guitarist (me) a bassist a drummer and a singer (me). the drummer can keep a beat but he doesnt have a drumset and hes not that into the band so thats a bummer. I have an pretty good singing voice and i can sing and play guitar at the same time. so heres my problem. by highschool (we're in grade 8) we'll probably be kicking out our drummer and finding a new one. I really love playing drums (and i'm really good at it even though i've only had them for about a month) AND guitar (ive been playing for 3 years) but i don't know if i should be our drummer or stick with guitar. i can sing while playing drums too but i'm still confused about what i should do!! If you guys could give me some advice that'd be (sic)
I'd suggest finding a new drummer and you staying on guitar while you sing, more complex drums make singing extremely hard, whereas playing guitar and singing at the same time is much much easier.
I enjoy Music

Guitar and singing would be the way to go, but knowing the drums and singing is not a bad skill. Look at Dave Grohl.
Make 2 bands. Stay as the guitarist and singer in the band you're in now because you'll probably be playing guitar until you kick the drummer out and you and the bassist will already know songs and be comfortable playing together. Then go join or form another band with you on the drums, you could even have your friend in it. It might not be now but it will get harder to sing and play drums once you start playing more fills and are moving around more.

Also after learning and playing both you may start to like one more than the other and just want to focus on that one instrument. Same thing happened to me, I played guitar for a few years, then learned drums and now I like drums better and always am the drummer in bands.
Just get a new drummer. Things get very complicated when you try using your hands, feet AND your voice.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by MR. Goodcents
Make 2 bands. Stay as the guitarist and singer in the band you're in now because you'll probably be playing guitar until you kick the drummer out and you and the bassist will already know songs and be comfortable playing together. Then go join or form another band with you on the drums, you could even have your friend in it. It might not be now but it will get harder to sing and play drums once you start playing more fills and are moving around more.

Also after learning and playing both you may start to like one more than the other and just want to focus on that one instrument. Same thing happened to me, I played guitar for a few years, then learned drums and now I like drums better and always am the drummer in bands.

I was thinking about doing that. I think i'll stay as guitarist for our band and start a knew band as a drummer. thaks for all your help