extremely new to ear training so take mercy. essentially someone on another non guitar site posted this track and I soloed over top of it. let me know what you think. I think in some parts it sounds better than others. also if anyone could point me in the direction of a key please tell

track is in my profile titled jam2 C4C

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/robobond/
Last edited by robobond at Dec 6, 2009,
Not bad.......I think you could work on your phrasing a bit, but I thought that it was pretty good. You should play with a metronome or backing track more. Your tempo was drifting around quite a bit.....but other than that.....it was a nice piece.

That had a really nice feel to it.....................
Yeah my major concern with this was trying to hear the key of the backing. Any comments on that aspect of this track?

Like how close was I kind of thing.
Last edited by robobond at Dec 7, 2009,
It's a great moody track. The progression was pleasing too.

I'd prefer if the acoustic part was twangier or brighter, but I guess you were aiming for the opposite. Lead sounds also a little weak (not musically) at some points.
Quote by robobond
Yeah my major concern with this was trying to hear the key of the backing. Any comments on that aspect of this track?

Like how close was I kind of thing.

The key and scale of the solo sounds correct for the backing track.....also the phrasing worked very well with the backing track's arpeggio.

Keep it up................