I figure this could lead to some nice discussion, and I love reading those threads on here, so positives all around.

So, what do you think of someone's opinion? Lots of things to talk about. Do you think there is essentially a set of correct opinions which are right and everything else, by definition, is all wrong? Do you think some people possess these opinions? Do you readily accept the fact that your opinion might be wrong? How certain are you of your own opinions?

I think that a lot of people's opinions are simply wrong. Now, nearly everything in this universe is subjective and arbitrary, so this is all from the prospective of humanity and such. Most people will agree that someone saying murder should be legal is wrong, even though it is just there opinion. I think this can easily be applied to other situations. My opinions do change a lot though, but slightly. So I think opinions can hold some level of truth, but others are simply better.

Share your thoughts.
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one, and everyone's stinks.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Le_Bunny
I don't agree. I think that a lot of people are simply uninformed and opinions aren't inherently right or wrong because they are based on subjectivity.
If someone is uninformed they are still wrong.

Give me an example of a subjective opinion.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Yes, they still are wrong, but if it's an opinion then it's valid. Who is to say what is definitely right or wrong in any sense? When the philosophy thread regulars get in here you're toast man.

All opinions are subjective.

This introductory statement on Wiki clearly states the nature of the concept:
Opinion

An opinion is a belief that cannot be proved with evidence. It is a subjective statement and may be the result of an emotion or an interpretation of facts; people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Redundant.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
so you decided to make a thread called "Opinions", about your opinions about how you don't agree with other people's opinions... am i getting this right?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
There are two different kinds of opinions. There is the kind which depends on taste and is entirely subjective such as music and art. Then there are opinions on things that there is ultimately a right or wrong answer for but for whatever reason we don't know 100 percent, such as religion, or solutions to a social issue.

I feel like opinion is something that can be argued, and debated, and fact is something that is solid and no one can be able to say no that's a different way.

Quote by Le_Bunny
Yes, they still are wrong, but if it's an opinion then it's valid. Who is to say what is definitely right or wrong in any sense? When the philosophy thread regulars get in here you're toast man.

All opinions are subjective.

This introductory statement on Wiki clearly states the nature of the concept:

So you're saying his opinion on opinions is wrong because of the fact that every belief is an opinion, which in itself is an opinion.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Last edited by tayroar at Dec 5, 2009,
Quote by tayroar
So you're saying his opinion on opinions is wrong because of the fact that every belief is an opinion, which in itself is an opinion.

I wasn't saying his opinion was wrong, I was clarifying my take on the subject.

Quote by All At Once
...because almost every answer will be sparked, fueled, backed by an opinion.

I agree with this guy. Opinions give us different perspectives and when expressed with a sound basis of knowledge, shape our perceptions on an objective reality, though some could argue there is no such thing. An interesting side-point is the concept of the 'Reality tunnel'. Check it out.
Quote by All At Once
Reality is reality. Many people try to change reality with their "opinions", or really believe something is that isn't, most of the time because of lack of education and/or stubborness due to familiarity.

Opinions, however, can't be wrong. That's where they're opinions.

I could go way, way, WAY deep with this, but the only way to finalize, close, decide (whatever you wanna call it) the whole thing would be with an opinion . So in essence, this whole thread is just gonna end up eating itself from the tail up, if it ever ends up catching its tail, soley because almost every answer will be sparked, fueled, backed by an opinion .

That's my answer. But maybe it's just an opinion. What do you think?

So according to your opinion, opinions cant be wrong, so that means his opinion about opinions being able to be wrong cant be wrong; and since these two opinions cannot coexist one of the opinions must be wrong proving that his opinion about opinions being wrong is right.
Reality is reality. Many people try to change reality with their "opinions", or really believe something is that isn't, most of the time because of lack of education and/or stubborness due to familiarity.

Opinions, however, can't be wrong. That's where they're opinions.

I could go way, way, WAY deep with this, but the only way to finalize, close, decide (whatever you wanna call it) the whole thing would be with an opinion . So in essence, this whole thread is just gonna end up eating itself from the tail up, if it ever ends up catching its tail, soley because almost every answer will be sparked, fueled, backed by an opinion .

The human mind is a wonderful thing. But that's just an opinion.

(Yeah, I deleted the other one...then I thought about just editing it.... )

Wasn't what I wanted to say earlier. =)