I imagine it WOULD work. i believe that it runs off the principle of making a note seen lower then it actually is.
if it would work on the low notes of a bass could be debated.
East Lansing High School
Class of 2013

Loading Haters
████████████████]
99% Complete
Quote by aaron_masta
I imagine it WOULD work. i believe that it runs off the principle of making a note seen lower then it actually is.
if it would work on the low notes of a bass could be debated.

I think jack white uses these things on his guitars to make them sound like a bass.
eg. Seven Nation Army.
well obviously they work on electrics (thats why they're so expensive!)
but bass notes are so low already, that im not sure if it would work properly with them.
it probably would work, but make sure you can return the pedal if need be. 200 bucks is a lot now-a-days...
East Lansing High School
Class of 2013

Loading Haters
████████████████]
99% Complete
well I don't think it will work personally... at some point on your fretboard, you are going to dip below audible notes. and thats if it keeps the bottom end that low
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
You'd probably be better off getting a bass-specific pedal. Or you could mod that, but it would be really expensive.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Guitarists i know that have used them claim that it makes you sound as muddy as hell.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
well i wasn't planing on using it to drop a whole octave or anything i was going to use it to go to Eb and D standard. I probably wouldn't need to go lower than that.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6