Page 1 of 2
So heres the story, in 2007 My father who I've spoken to once in my life, and haven't seen since I was two, talked to me Via email for a few months, he ended up buying me an Alexi-600 SE. I moved to Victoria BC, and took it over to my 'best friends' house for one day. It was raining so I decided to leave it there, the next day I come back and my guitar, amp, patch chord is all gone. only thing there is my case, so I tell him I want my shit back and he just makes up excuses not to go get it. Eventually I get the cops involved and they tell me theres NOTHING they can do aside from keep an eye open for it.I just found the Serial number for my guitar in my ESP owners manual except I cant read the first two letters...does anyone know what the First two letters on the ESP(ltd) Alexi-600 SE Guitar would be?
Or where I could look up my Serial number and get information on it?
Cancer.
I wish I could help...
What's the friend's story? Did they get robbed, or did it just "disappear" from the case?
Your friend stole your father's guilt present. Id literally beat him up, but I dont see where youd get with that, except maybe court.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

This kids story? Ex meth junkie, uhh crusty ass punk rocker. douche bag, two black belts. I'd kick his ass but we've fought before he'd massacre me..He never got robbed, he "brought it over to his friends house to jam"
****ing douche, I'm really just considering burning down his house.
Cancer.
Excuse the double post; but essentially, My alex-600 is somewhere in the city, without a case. I'd LOVE to get it back.
Cancer.
kick his ^%$^%$ ass, i'm serious. that is a beautifull guitar, i will come down there and kick his ass. he probally has it somewhere in his house, he just doesn't wanna give it to you. and isn't there some sort of charge for selling or giving away someone elses property without there permission.. or atleast somthing they can do about it
the cops told me it was not a criminal offense, I'm pretty sure that's the definition of theft though..My mom asked them "so If I loaned my $2000 T.V to my friend while I was away, and then they loaned it to someone else and I never saw it again, it wouldn't be a criminal offense?" cop" Nope" Seriously what ****ing Bs. I'm pretty sure it isn't in his house, his parents kicked him out.
Cancer.
Im pretty sure the reason its not criminal is all about choice. For instance, if your moms TV was stolen, obviously she had no choice in the matter, but if your mom let her friend borrow her TV and she never saw it again, she technically GAVE that friend her TV, even if she was planning on getting it back... see the logic? I know it doesnt make much sense, but its the world.

Really hope you get your axe back man. Best of wishes.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Dude if i were you i would go over there with a bat or something and beat the shit out of him
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Some friend you have.
Gear
Warmoth Stratocaster
Jackson KE3
ESP LTD EC-256

Bogner Alchemist 2x12
Vox AD30VT

Gator GPT-PWR Pedalboard
MXR CAE MC-404 Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Line 6 Uber Metal
First stop calling him a friend he's a dick! I do not understand why the cops won't do something it's obvious he stole it or sold it for crack. If there was no report of a break in and your guitar is the only thing missing the cops should be able to do the math. If it were me, I would beat him until my knuckles were bloody but that's me I do not recommend go kick the crap out of him though. If the cops won't do anything go to court and file a civil suit have him served and get it in front of a judge.

This is why I keep a list of my guitars serial numbers and pics in a safe place. on my expensive guitars I mark someplace where I only know and can prove. I had three guitars stolen over the years and I know who stole two, Those two fell off the face of the earth before I could get my hands on them. The other one was stolen at the airport in Miami while I was on the phone. It really sucks when your guitar is taken by someone you trust!

John
Quote by steel337
Some friend you have.

QFT.

Seriously, you could sue him for theft, considering the price of that instrument.
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
Quote by Desertman123
QFT.

Seriously, you could sue him for theft, considering the price of that instrument.

^^
Do that
You just LOST the game >: P

After years of extensive research at Yale, it is determined that the game does not, in fact, exist.
That sucks ass, steal something from him
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
File civil suit for grand theft (theft of any object valued for $400 or greater) or larceny (taking possession or control of, if even for a moment, the personal property of another). He'll get either a hefty fine, some prison time, and you'll likely get your guitar back, if he hasn't sold it. If he has, he'll probably be made to tell the police who he sold it to, and it will be reclaimed as stolen property. Although, please note, you'll probably spend more than the value of the Alexi 600SE to sue this douche.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by jesus-squared
This kids story? Ex meth junkie, uhh crusty ass punk rocker. douche bag, two black belts. I'd kick his ass but we've fought before he'd massacre me..He never got robbed, he "brought it over to his friends house to jam"
****ing douche, I'm really just considering burning down his house.

Belts mean nothing.

I'd start making some late night robbery runs and hold some expensive shit of his ransom until you get the Alexi back.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
That's a nice guitar, too bad it got stolen. I think I saw a guy in Blood Nasty playing one a month or two ago.
Quote by Phil Collins
Belts mean nothing.

If you believe that, you're almost cute you're so naive.

Belts don't mean everything, but they definitely stand for something. The average person thinks fighting is like in the movies, at least by the time you're a black belt you've learned how to punch and kick properly, how to combine hits, and how to move and hit.

TS, give him poisoned drugs. Why kick his ass when you can just make him bleed out of the eyes and mouth with rat poison?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Do as Justice4AllOne says, now.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Justice4AllOne
File civil suit for grand theft (theft of any object valued for $400 or greater) or larceny (taking possession or control of, if even for a moment, the personal property of another). He'll get either a hefty fine, some prison time, and you'll likely get your guitar back, if he hasn't sold it. If he has, he'll probably be made to tell the police who he sold it to, and it will be reclaimed as stolen property. Although, please note, you'll probably spend more than the value of the Alexi 600SE to sue this douche.

There's one problem with this. During questioning he has the right to remain silent and he can't be forced to trial against himself. Otherwise this is good.
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
My god, seriously what are people coming to... "I had my house broken into, they walked in through the front door and took just the guitar, none of my other expensive stuff or stuff they might want." Seriously, I would've burnt down his house....

Then probably got jailed for arson(sp) but you know what I mean, it really annoys me when someone who you're supposed to trust does that.
My name is Jack.
Quote by STABxYOU
TS, give him poisoned drugs. Why kick his ass when you can just make him bleed out of the eyes and mouth with rat poison?

If it was my DISCONTINUED guitar I stab him. And I wouldn't care about prison, an Alexi 600SE, the awesome pink one, is worth more than 40 years in prison, in my eyes. If you get it back, give me your address.

And a knife.
Quote by jesus-squared
Excuse the double post; but essentially, My alex-600 is somewhere in the city, without a case. I'd LOVE to get it back.

how 'bout stabbing him?

EDIT: is your dad strong?

2nd edit: I do rather like the rat poison idea, but the idea of having him dragged to court would probably work a lot more in your advantage.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by jesus-squared
Could anyone answer my original question about the serial number?

I think its where it was manufactured and the year,
Go to the esp forums
I'm really sorry to hear that.
I think you should just call the email the ESP facotry.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by Justice4AllOne

Another issue with this is that hes in Canada. We're not really in the business of prosecuting or punishing people.

as for TS:

Your in Victoria?

Check Pawn shops. They have an obligation to hold anything they get in for 30 days before they put it on the floor to sell. check classifieds, Craigs list that kind of thing.

Give the police the partial serial number, that should be good enough to add it to CPIC and the police systems so if they find a guitar matching the partials they can trace it back to you.

As far as charges, they are tricky because you have to prove that he stole it himself, because it was left in his care he could just as easy say it was stolen from him. Did the police try speaking with him? Sometimes the idea that he is under investigation will be enough. Let them give him the option of returning it no questions asked. other than that its a tough position. Im not sure what your civil options are but lawyer costs and court fees may outweigh the value of the guitar. Its a crappy position to be in.

Im in Nanaimo, I will keep my eyes open for it if i come across any crack heads with an extra guitar.
welcome to victoria.

sorry for your loss. typical pawnshops stolen shit ends up at are the ones downtown (johnson) and i think theres one in esquimalt.

also.. keep an eye on here

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/msg/

OH also post a "Lost ad" here if you haven't already..

http://livevictoria.com/
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by STABxYOU
If you believe that, you're almost cute you're so naive.

Belts don't mean everything, but they definitely stand for something. The average person thinks fighting is like in the movies, at least by the time you're a black belt you've learned how to punch and kick properly, how to combine hits, and how to move and hit.

No actually, they don't. I've trained in martail arts since I was a little boy, I know what I am talking about.

Belts can't be true indications of fighting ability. It was supposed to represent knowledge of your art, now it's simply a mcdojo gimmick.

And get this, some martial arts don't even use belts....

There have been "black belts" that have had their asses handed to them in regular fights against "non-martial arts" opponents.

It's really more of an ego booster. People think their bad assed fighting machines because they went to a mcdojo for 3 years and bought their way to the black belt rank when most of them would get destroyed in a real fight.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Last edited by Phil Collins at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by Justice4AllOne

This seems like a route you might want to take. Don't do anything reckless, but IMO it was irresponsible to loan this ex-meth head, sketchy punk your guitar for the night. Bad idea on your part, but nevertheless I'm terribly sorry about your guitar. I don't know what the **** I'd do if somebody did that to my guitar.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
I'm all about "eye for an eye". So steal something of his, something that he considers very valuable (if he even has anything). Just say you didn't do it and do the same thing that he has done to you. But don't do anything that will f**k you over. Then he'll be laughing in the end.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
hard to believe your story I mean leave your guitar??
you should trust no one and always carry a 9mm ftw

soul.power
LOL you wouldn't know what to do because
you'd be smart enough not to risk your axe
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Last edited by xDarrellx87x at Dec 7, 2009,
I just noticed you are from victoria. Skimed your original post.

I will keep an eye out. watch out on usedvictoria as well.
Quote by xDarrellx87x
hard to believe your story I mean leave your guitar??
you should trust no one and always carry a 9mm ftw

soul.power
LOL you wouldn't know what to do because

I aint kidding.

Quote by dyce
I just noticed you are from victoria. Skimed your original post.

I will keep an eye out. watch out on usedvictoria as well.

Cheers dude

Theres a $200 reward for any information leading to the return of the guitar. It may not be much but this guitar means a lot to me.
Cancer.
Last edited by jesus-squared at Dec 7, 2009,
If someone was to steal my ESP id beat the shit out of him. I probably won't even care if I beat em to death and not care bout way happens. If he actually cares bout playing guitar y not break a few of his fingers Ever tried to search his place? I doubt a theif would grab a guitar and just run out into the street just like that.
Page 1 of 2