hey guys I have a 5150, with a 10 band eq in the loop, you guys know any Good sounding LoG settings? Thats mostly what i play and I can't seem to find the tone. Thanks!
no settings threads allowed
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
From what I hear, Morton runs his guitar through two channels, one scooped to ****, on maximising on mids
The LoG guys have a seriously tight sound. From what I've read on these forums (if you want to get a tighter sound) roll the gain back and boost the mids. My memory is too fuzzy right now to remember what to do about the low and high end settings.

What other gear are you using?
Google? I've read in guitar world how he gets his tone. Try getting a hold of it?

Something about high mids and mesa boogie I think.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by Vinnie5
ass^

Theres already a settings thread for questions like these.
And TS, you can find the exact settings they use on their amps on google, but it wont help you because you have a different amp. Just listen to some of their songs with the tone you want while playing with your EQ. Unless you can find someone with a 5150 who can dial in the same tone, asking people wont really help.
Quote by littlephil
Theres already a settings thread for questions like these.
And TS, you can find the exact settings they use on their amps on google, but it wont help you because you have a different amp. Just listen to some of their songs with the tone you want while playing with your EQ. Unless you can find someone with a 5150 who can dial in the same tone, asking people wont really help.

Which only a noob could find helpful.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I get a much better LoG tone out of my Mark IV with boosted mids. EQ in this kind of pattern.

The VERY mids scoped, but the others boosted.

Thats how I setup the graphic EQ on the boogie

I guess its not really fair, because its pretty easy to get a LoG tone out of a Mark IV
/rig
my advice is to have the mids at 7-8 on the amp, with the pre gain at around 3.5-4.5 to keep things extra tight. then on the 10 band, put a curve that roughly looks like what mespinos just posted
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by larrytheguitar
Which only a noob could find helpful.

well then do something about it and help out in that thread. anyone who knows a little about how to EQ and how their amp works should be able to find that thread decently helpful. if you cant figure out how to work some of those settings, maybe you are the noob. just sayin...