Im thinking of putting some new pickups into te next guitar im getting -either schecter c-1 FR or the Damien Special- and it ended up between those two -EMG 81/85 combo or Seymou Duncan Blackouts-

Help me decide?

By the way i play mainly heavy metal/metalcore/meoldic death metal/"hardcore" -i guess thats what they call it?-
Quote by rgenz93
Im thinking of putting some new pickups into te next guitar im getting -either schecter c-1 FR or the Damien Special- and it ended up between those two -EMG 81/85 combo or Seymou Duncan Blackouts-

Help me decide?

By the way i play mainly heavy metal/metalcore/meoldic death metal/"hardcore" -i guess thats what they call it?-

I have an EMG 81/85 set in my LTD EX-400. I've not played the blackouts yet, but the EMG set has out-performed my expectations for any metal and with some fine tuning, cleans can even sound fantastic.
im pretty sure the c-1 FR already comes with 81/85's stock
gear: schecter damien 6 fr, epiphone sg 310, marshall mg100dfx , peavey acoutic (no clue what model), ovation celebrity cc44 acoustic, rocktron silver drago distortion, rocktron banshee talk box, dunlop cry baby 535q
Quote by matthew66613
im pretty sure the c-1 FR already comes with 81/85's stock

No sir the come with Duncan Designed Active HB-105 pickups

And ive played 81/85s they are amazing! but i also like the sound of the new metal blackouts or blackout metal w.e
-have active emgs on my 7 string aswell
81/60
or nothing

I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
ahh well all of em ive seen had the 81/85s they sound good thru that guitar, umm what ive heard is that they basically have the same sound, but the blackouts dont have as much unwanted noise
gear: schecter damien 6 fr, epiphone sg 310, marshall mg100dfx , peavey acoutic (no clue what model), ovation celebrity cc44 acoustic, rocktron silver drago distortion, rocktron banshee talk box, dunlop cry baby 535q
Blackouts are definitely superior to EMG's IMO.
I've yet to hear anyone prefer EMG's over Blackouts who have played both.

If you're looking for a new guitar, check out the C-1 Blackjack series. They come with Blackouts stock.
Quote by )(yperX
Blackouts are definitely superior to EMG's IMO.
I've yet to hear anyone prefer EMG's over Blackouts who have played both.

If you're looking for a new guitar, check out the C-1 Blackjack series. They come with Blackouts stock.

I've looked into them only problem is, im 16 without a job untill maybe febuarary
but i found a c-1 fr for $300 on craigslist or get a brand new damien special for the same price. cant decide on that either xD
Quote by rgenz93

Help me decide?

buy a hellraiser
dont change pups
do 18v mod
???
Profit
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'd go with the blackouts.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
buy a hellraiser
dont change pups
do 18v mod
???
Profit

Hmm.. if i knew what i was doing for the mod i wouldd but im only but a kid with bad tool weilding capabilitys
Quote by Carrot
81/60
or nothing

+1

I freakin love the sounds out of my 81/60 set. It's awesome.
Get the EMGs, they have better cleans. And they both do great for metal either way
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Aditya_ram
^

False.
The emg's have shitty cleans
the blackouts are way better

emg 60 and 89 both are quite nice clean actually
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Aditya_ram
^

False.
The emg's have shitty cleans
the blackouts are way better

My EMG's have more headroom than a JB set I used to have. EMG's are an overall better pickup. Blackouts are just OK for most things, but EMG's are freaking awesome for metal and most other rock. If you want versatility, don't go for actives, unless you have a lot of pedals or a very good, versatile amp. I always thought blackouts defeated the purpose of actives. You want actives for basically only metal, but the blackouts sort of compromise metal tone for everything else. It's a dumb idea IMO.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
the emgs 81 and 85s in my bc rich they are sick as hell thats all i can say