Tone: Tight, growly, punchy, smooth, crunchy (metal, modern rock, hard rock)

My current dilemma:
whether to get warwick pro 411 in 8 ohms or 4 ohms
I currently have a GK backline 600 head...

If I go 8ohms (used, under 90 day guarantee):
eventually I can add another 411 8ohms and sell my head for a profet 5.2
assuming I get $200 for the head, that net cost would probably be around $700

If I go 4ohms (new, under 90 day guarantee):
eventually i can sell the cab and head and get a GK 700 RB-II and Neo 412
assuming $350 for the cab and $200 for the head, net cost would probably be $900

Now my question, which is the better eventual rig, warwick or GK. Idk if warwick would be able to hold down the low end with only 10s, but ryan martinie endorses them, and the GK is pricey, although Flea and Justin chancellor use them.

is it worth the extra watts (180->300) for using a 4ohms cab if it limits my future options?
of course all of this could be moot and i could stick with this setup permanently if music doesn't work out (im still 16)

Please help Im really stuck
comon someone must have been in this situation before, is it better to get the 4ohms cab now to maximize my head, then later sell it and rebuild, or get the 8ohms and maybe get a warwick 115 on top of it?
i guess it would depend on your income if you know your not going to be buying anything new for a long time i would recomend the 4ohm cab.

if you think your could get the other cab soon and prefer the 15+410 combo sound then get the 8 ohm
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
If you are planning on ever getting a second cab, I'd get the 8 ohm, because if you decide you want another cab, you will need to but two 8ohm cabs and you will have a useless 4 ohm.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
also a 4ohm cab doesent really limit your possibilities because there are plenty of amps that are biamp amd can run 2x4ohm cabs and i see more and more amps being capable of 2ohm impedence the only thing is that your next amp would not be the 700rb
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by gilly_90
If you are planning on ever getting a second cab, I'd get the 8 ohm, because if you decide you want another cab, you will need to but two 8ohm cabs and you will have a useless 4 ohm.

the 4ohm cab wont be useless he would jsut have to get an amp that can handle either 2ohm impedence or is biamp
SansAmp Bass driver DI
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
^ fair point

I stand by my recommendation though
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think