I'm gunna go a head and second this. As for my opinion I'd say the ESP because of the pickups and the neck (personal preferences) and i've heard Gibson is slackin' on the quality control a bit.

EDIT: And the ESP's heel joint is smaller and the access to the higher frets is contoured (carved) for much easier and higher access.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Last edited by 36mikeyb36 at Dec 5, 2009,
i think the ESP is better but i play mostly metal so i am pretty biased. You might want to go the gibson route based on the music you play.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I have a LP studio and I also have a LP DC, IMO the studio isnt worth the price. I would spend the $$ and upgrade, as for the ESP I don't have any experiance with it so i can't say either way. hope the info on the LP helps though
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I've never played the ESP, but I have a studio and love it
I am a bit too in love with my Gibson Les Paul Studio

“My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.” ~Bob Marley

The EC1000 had a nice feel to it, but except for the vintage black one (which costs a bit more) the finish felt a little off.

The EC1000 with EMGs is limited a fair amount by them, so I would not suggest it unless you really know you want an EMG guitar. The one with the JB/Jazz set is pretty versatile.

The Studio has a bigger tone than the EC1000, and tends not to get thinner when dialed back the way the EC1000 can with some amps. Since it has a thicker tone, it does have a little less clarity than the EC1000, especially the EMG version.

They're both very good guitars. I think if you like EMGs the Vintage Black finish one would be the best choice since it has the nicest playability of the bunch. If you're not an EMG person, the Studio is what I'd suggest.
EMG's plus the music you play will be an epic fail. I would go with the ESP and replace the pickups or just go with the studio. there is an ESP eclipse model with passive seymour duncans which will suit your needs much better than emgs. ESP Eclipse II
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Jan 4, 2010,
God those are sexy guitars. I vote those.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
personally i rather have the studio. i think the tone would fit what you play a lot better than the ESP. i've never played an ESP i like so im biased for sure. all dpends on what feels and sounds best to you. so why not try them out...
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
I wouldn't say either is better than the other. However, the ESP-LTD is a more consistent brand in terms of quality control. So if you are going to buy online, the LTD. If you're buying from a store, so long as you check the guitar out properly they're both on-par.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Get the LTD with the Seymour Duncans?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
you get the one that feels better to you
it's all about the feel
people on here can only recomend things within a price range that have good review / good personal experiance
but while 100 people have love you, you may hate it
get yo ass to a guitar shop and try guitars out in your price range
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
the studio is probably better ofr wha you need...although a good agile and new puck ups might work