I have a Peavey Classic 30, and it sounds great, but I play with a guitarist with a 100 watt Marshall, and i can't get enough volume. Is there a good speaker cabinet i can get to go with my amp?
What kind of music do you guys play? Sounds like a competition. I'd look to a 212 cab for now. Something with some mid range bark might help. Do you use a boost? Genres? Budget? Location?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 6, 2009,
A speaker cabinet isn't going to make your amp 'louder'...might make it sound fuller though.

Couple of options here (since a Classic 30 is a perfectly giggable amp...and if you like your tone there's no reasons to buy something else):

1.) tell your other guitarist to turn down

2.) mic your amp...and if you already do...turn his down...or yours up in the mix.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Dec 6, 2009,
turn down his amp and either tilt your amp back a little or raise it off the ground
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Try raising your mids a bit, elevating your amp, and getting the other guy to turn it down, and maybe mic up your amp if necessary.

Out of interest, what is this 100 Watt Marshall amp?...