Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

So i've wanted to record a Tribal sorta song, like, monk music. Haha, i don't even know what im saying :|
But y'know, the music that would fit well into a green valley that is home to Ox' and other aniamls alike. There would be snowy mountains in the distance.

Anway, my question is.
Is there a certain scale i could use to get that sound?
No. A scale will not give you the sound. Actually listen to the music and analyze it. It's the only way you'll get there.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
No. A scale will not give you the sound. Actually listen to the music and analyze it. It's the only way you'll get there.

You're right
I don't know, play some bongos and stuff. Maybe throw a flute in if you're feeling adventurous.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Quote by Baroque_and_Rol
I don't know, play some bongos and stuff. Maybe throw a flute in if you're feeling adventurous.

Yeah, I'd say go for the most natural sounding instruments.
like bongos/congas/timbali/that tube with pebbles in it that sounds like rain when you turn it around..

If you play guitar use a nylon string, and make a very percussive feel.

as much as I hate them, pan-flutes and things would probably suite.

EDIT: I realise people have already said that a scale won't give you the sound you want. But a whole-tone scale gives quite a dreamy effect, maybe try that for ideas?
Last edited by mdwallin at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by robotz!
Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

So i've wanted to record a Tribal sorta song, like, monk music. Haha, i don't even know what im saying :|
But y'know, the music that would fit well into a green valley that is home to Ox' and other aniamls alike. There would be snowy mountains in the distance.

Anway, my question is.
Is there a certain scale i could use to get that sound?

No, there is not 1 particular scale that gives you the "green valley with animals in it" vibe/sound.

You could try learning some songs that you interpret as having that sound, and then figure out what scales they are using.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Dec 6, 2009,
Pretty vague question. When you say monk music, I think of gregorian chanting (sounds eppppiiic). But green valley filled with ox? Listen to Peter and the Wolf by Tchaikovsky. Actually about a green valley filled with animals.

Tribal music is like drums and whatnot, and probably closer to hunting all the animals in the green valley to feed your tribe for the winter.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL