Okay my problem is that I can not pick up pinch harmonics on the Low E string, It's due to my distortion. I was wondering whats my best option. New amp head? pedal? eq? new cabinet?
Current Gear:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100watt
Marshall cab, came with the head
Shecter C-1 FR EMG 81/85 built in gain booster. Range 0db-20db
try fiddling with the EQ
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
I've tried messing with the amps eq. never done an eq pedal or anything like that. The amp just has a kind of loose gain.
Whats your petal dude?..you need preferably a Boss Ds-1 for the simplest and cheapest but a metal core is preferably the best to get that ive used..and overdrive holds the sustain better...but with EMG 81/85 you shouldnt have any problems...i can do it on a fender strat then on a Shecter C1 with EMG'S its definitely gotta be the pedal..and im sure that Marshall couldnt be the problem either bro..
It's definitely not the amps fault, just learn to do pinch harmonics better. Seriously, a JVM has no shortage of gain and EMG's can do pinchs on anything. It's your fault, not the amp, deal with it.
More mids = easier pinches.

Try it.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
You can even do pinches on clean, and they come out ok.

Looking at your gear, i'd honestly say it's more your technique. Or possibly your pup is too far away.

If everything else fails, you could try a boost pedal.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Yeah, it's your technique not the gear!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by panterafever
Whats your petal dude?..you need preferably a Boss Ds-1 for the simplest and cheapest but a metal core is preferably the best to get that ive used..and overdrive holds the sustain better...but with EMG 81/85 you shouldnt have any problems...i can do it on a fender strat then on a Shecter C1 with EMG'S its definitely gotta be the pedal..and im sure that Marshall couldnt be the problem either bro..

Bad advice, don't listen.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
Quote by panterafever

You scare the hell outta me.

Anyway, it's technique not tone. I can do pinch harmonics on every string on an acoustic guitar, and every guitarist that does pinch harmonics does it with tons of distortion making people like you think it's the only way to do it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild